BBCode Reparse Bug

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Tarantino

BBCode Reparse Bug

Post by Tarantino » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi there, after update a 3.0 forum to 3.2 and recreate all new bbcodes, I've runned via CLI command the reparse tool:

php bin/phpbbcli.php --safe-mode reparser:reparse --ansi

It solved all my BBCode problems, so thats not the problem.
Let me say that I've the cron status extension and I saw that we've 2 crons:
cron.task.text_reparser.poll_option
cron.task.text_reparser.poll_title

When I run the reparser I saw something about polls, so I beleive it runned those 2.
The thing is that almost all or even all topics appeared with polls, but empty polls.
I've checked the database and I saw on poll_options table a lot of empty options with only "<t></t>"
Then on topics table I've seen that I had many poll_titles with the same "<t></t>"
So I start removing all of those with sql comand to empty string, but the problem didnt dissapeared.

So I dig it up more and manually I've solved one topic and I compared on the database a good topic with a bad one, and I saw that the bad one had a time value on poll_start and poll_max_options diferent then 0, so I've run another sql command to put all back to 0 when the poll_title is empty.
And voilá, problem solved.

But this poll problem appeared only after the oficial reparse. :evil:

Please take a look at that! Because I beleive there is a problem with that.
Some days ago I've seen more people that have talked about having <t></t> on the polls too:
viewtopic.php?p=14716806#p14716806

I guess the poll_title having just that <t></t> will not cause any problem, but I had problems because of poll_max_options and poll_start that it seems to changed after reparse, go figure why...

EDIT: I can say that the poll_start have the same value as the topic_last_view_time. If that helps.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”