ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
AmigoJack

Re: ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR

Post by AmigoJack »

Brf wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:48 pmQuote the previous post and preview it.
I said it right away and you didn't notice?

And Opera uses the same engine as Chrome - no wonder it happens there too. Most likely Vivaldi and Chromium do the same.

Most recommendations tend to just disable that browser behaviour thru an X-XSS-Protection header. Currently it is still filed as a bug.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
AmigoJack

Re: ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR

Post by AmigoJack »

Okay I've narrowed it down to this:
  1. Sending the following text does not trigger anything: <input onclick="new();" /><input onclick="new();" />
  2. Nor does this: <input onclick="getElementById()" />
  3. This neither: <input onclick="document.getElementById" />
  4. But if you take example #3 and add an opening bracket (resulting in ...ById("..., the XSS Author is triggered.
  5. But this surprisingly works again although being valid JavaScript and thus be as malicious as everything else: <input onclick="document.getElementById ()" />
Go try it yourself.

Conclusion: it's not about phpBB's preview onsubmit handler, it's about the payload you submit.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”