Fatal Error Migrating existing forum to PHP 7 host

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Re: Fatal Error Migrating existing forum to PHP 7 host

Post by kinerity » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:34 am

Make sure you removed the install folder. In the ACP -> GENERAL tab, make sure "Disable board" is set to No under "Board settings".
Kailey Truscott - Community Team

UXgizmo

Post by UXgizmo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:17 am

kinerity wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:34 am
Make sure you removed the install folder. In the ACP -> GENERAL tab, make sure "Disable board" is set to No under "Board settings".
Yes that was it!

SUCCESS!!! Finally! I have a working upgraded backup running on phpbb 3.2 on a server running php 5.4 native no errors. All data and user information seems to be in place. Next steps backup working updated database and files migrate to new server running php 7 (fingers crossed) . I think I feel better at this point just to have a running backup takes off some of the pressure.

Special thanks to all of you guys the support crew spectators and Kinerity!

Honestly it took a lot of trial and error, no one thing really worked perfectly. I believe at the end it was a combination of things, moving everything over to a lower version of php (5.4 native) was KEY, removing the .htaccess in the root allowed the old forum to run (it's like an appendix organ I have no clue what it does, just remove it lol worked for me), running the STK , keeping track of the config modifications needed (mysql to mysqli) removes a lot of the errors needed to update to 3.2, deleting the INSTALL file (Doh) and checking the disable board settings.

At the end of the day as a wise professor who's students kept failing the test, once said "Well just read the Goddamn book!" ... Hope this helps for all those non-readers like myself :) good luck!

UXgizmo

Post by UXgizmo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:55 am

Migrated all data and user info successfully to phpbb 3.2 to the new host running php 7 no errors. Again thanks everyone for your help throughout the journey! After this experience I just upgraded my status to ----> :ugeek:

P_I

Post by P_I » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:05 pm

Congratulations 👍👍
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”