Moderator Approval

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Kirkland

Moderator Approval

Post by Kirkland »

Hi everyone, I know this subject has been raised many times but as far as I can tell everything that should be ticked has been ticked but every post from registered users on our BB STILL needs moderator approval.

The standard message of course being:

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

I have read all the posts on the support forum & have made sure that Group FORUM permissions allow posts without Moderator approval etc
I even created a new Group & went through all the permissions for Users, Members & Forums and still not working.

I even tried the standard policy of turning on Moderator Approval required, saving the changes and then turning off Moderator approval required & saving but that didn't work either.

is this a bug?
I have Database version 3.2.1
Files version 3.2.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Moderator Approval

Post by KevC »

If you want to PM me an admin log in I'll take a look.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Kirkland

Post by Kirkland »

Hi, many thanks for the reply & excuse my ignorance but how do I export the log?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

He wants a username and password that will allow him to login as an administrator.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Kirkland

Post by Kirkland »

I am not sure our members would want an unknown person having access to the site so I would ask for any other suggestions please.

I have today updated to the latest version & am informed the phpBB installation is up to date but a quick test shows me that a default registered user still requires moderator approval for all new topics or posts.

Help please?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

We can't fix your car without looking under the hood. KevC probably wouldn't have 14 years of tenure and over 65,000 posts if he abused the credentials he needs to help. But suit yourself.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Macko
Name: Mac Ko

Post by Macko »

stevemaury wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:35 am We can't fix your car without looking under the hood. KevC probably wouldn't have 14 years of tenure and over 65,000 posts if he abused the credentials he needs to help. But suit yourself.
^That. I'd say he's about 1000X more trustworthy than any random developer you could find to look into it for you. I've seen him be nothing but extremely helpful on here for years, so I think you're fine giving him temporary admin access to your site in order to help you out.

Good luck.
Kirkland

Post by Kirkland »

Fair enough, I didn’t mean to disrespect him but I am new to this forum & don’t know the personalities yet.

Thankyou for your reply.
Kirkland

Post by Kirkland »

As other members have stated Kev C was professional in his response & came up with the goods and solved my problem which was That I had the newly registered users group set to 3 posts (user registration settings > new member post limit)

I then simply put all users into a new group that had the correct permissions for the forums and removed them form the new registered group.

Many thanks to Kev C & the other members that replied to my post.

Keep up the good work guys :D
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You're better off setting the right permissions on the registered users group because everyone is in that. Otherwise every time someone joins you'll have to manually put them in the new group you made.

If you want people to be able to post

permissions
group forum permissions
registered users group
select the forums you want
standard access

It's wise to keep the new member post limit on 1 to stop spam being visible.

Macko wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:17 am I've seen him be nothing but extremely helpful on here for years,
Thank you :) that's very kind to say.
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Kirkland

Post by Kirkland »

Thanks Kev, good idea.

Much appreciated.

Regards
Keith
SeeinStripes
Name: Shawn

Post by SeeinStripes »

I am having this problem except that I am the sole admin of my forum and I'm having to approve my OWN posts. I am in the Administrators group and no other groups, my permissions are set Full Access for the entire forum. I am getting the "awaiting moderator approval" under two sections that I can tell. I can post under all other sections without moderator approval. None of my regular forum members that I know of have complained about moderator approval, and I don't see anything in the MCP cue main tab except for my posts. I have the checked the permissions set for the sections that are requiring me to approve my own posts and they look perfect. What am I missing here?
Shawn McNew
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

SeeinStripes wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:06 pm I am in the Administrators group and no other groups
That's probably not helping.
Everyone, you included, should be in the registered users group.

That is the base set of permissions everyone is using. Being in the admin group just gets you in to the admin control panel.
SeeinStripes

Post by SeeinStripes »

Ok trying that now.
Shawn McNew
SeeinStripes

Post by SeeinStripes »

FIXED! You sir are a genius. Removed myself from Administrators group, added to Registered Users, did a test post and no more Approval needed.
:D :D :D

Have an awesome day, or night or whatever it is where you are.
Shawn McNew

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”