Moderator Approval

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Moderator Approval

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:10 pm

put yourself back in the admin group. otherwise you won't have full access to the admin panel.

everyone is in the registered user group. that group has the basic set of permssions to be able to access the board, create topics, make posts etc.

the admin group is for people that need access to the admin panel.

the global moderator group is for people that need permission to moderate topics all over the board.

as the owner of your board you need to be in all three of those groups.

if you are, then you do not need to be in any other groups normally.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:47 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:10 pm
put yourself back in the admin group. otherwise you won't have full access to the admin panel.
There is no need for founders to be in the Administrators group for admin permissions, only for whatever forum or moderator permissions they might have.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:18 am

true, but as you know, the person who installs the board is automatically in the admin group, the global moderator group, and the registered user group as well as being a founder.

in this case , the person seems to have messed that all up so it might help to try and get back to the original setup for him.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:03 am

But you were saying that removing him from the Administrators group would remove the admin permissions, which is not true for a founder.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”