504 Gateway Time-out after updating from 3.2.1 -> 3.2.2

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Kaffe

504 Gateway Time-out after updating from 3.2.1 -> 3.2.2

Post by Kaffe »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.2
What is your board's URL? http://vernepleierforum.no
Who do you host your board with? No answer given
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.2.1
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver
What language(s) is your board currently using? norwegian
Which database type/version are you using? MariaDB
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? I used the automatic updater to update from 3.2.1, the update process went well, and the update was marked as successful, but when accessing the forum, I got some errors from a file in the /vendor/ folder that seemed related to some of the extensions I had installed (Reputation system). I deleted the cache a ton of times, disabled all the extensions in the database using PhpMyAdmin, deleting the cache again, and then I got 504 Gateway time-out errors. I then tried to update using the full package method, deleting the config.php, images/ etc. from the package, deleting /cache/ and /vendor/ from my server and uploading the files.
Please describe your problem. Still got 504 Gateway Time-out errors when trying to access my forum. I can however access the ACP when the /install/ folder is present in the root directory, and I get no 504-errors either, the forum seems to be up and I get the standard "move/delete/rename your /install/ folder to access the forum". However, when the /install/ folder is deleted, the 504 error returns after a long wait.
Generated by SRT Generator
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: 504 Gateway Time-out after updating from 3.2.1 -> 3.2.2

Post by stevemaury »

Use your backups to revert to where you started and follow this - https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ating-32x/
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Kaffe

Post by Kaffe »

Just found out that all the tabs in the ACP works like intended, except for the "Forums" tab. When I click it, it just loads forever before giving me the 504 Gateway Time-out error.
Kaffe

Post by Kaffe »

Nvm. (Edited)
Kaffe

Post by Kaffe »

When I upload a backup of my 3.2.1 forum, I get it sort of up and running. The forum looks like regular, posting and all functions are there, but extensions seems broken in the ACP. Whenever I try to disable an extension, I get an error (some file in the vendor-folder), and it breaks the whole board - even the forum index won't load properly after that error.

When I delete all files except the config.php / files / images and upload the new ones and run install, it just skips to database update and completes it. Takes me to the ACP, but when I delete the /install-folder, the 504 gateway time-out error appears again.

So.. Is there any way I can delete everything from the database, except from users and posts and do a "clean install" of 3.2.2?
Sadly, I do not have a proper backup of the 3.2.1-database.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Kaffe wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:00 pm So.. Is there any way I can delete everything from the database, except from users and posts and do a "clean install" of 3.2.2?
No. Absolutely will not work. There re many, many other table interrelationships.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Kaffe

Post by Kaffe »

So basically, I dun goofed and have no other option than..
  1. Live with a semi-broken 3.2.1
  2. Delete the whole database with users and posts, and start over new..?
?

[edit]
Currently, I am on the broken 3.2.1-update, and I get this error when trying to access the forums (the ACP works):

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'Token {TEXT} is ambiguous or undefined' in ../vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Plugins/BBCodes/Configurator/BBCodeMonkey.php:84 Stack trace: #0 ../vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(1610): s9e\TextFormatter\Plugins\BBCodes\Configurator\BBCodeMonkey->s9e\TextFormatter\Plugins\BBCodes\Configurator\{closure}(Array, Object(DOMText)) #1 ../vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(2739): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\Helpers\TemplateHelper::replaceTokens('<xsl:choose><xs...', '#\\{(?:[A-Z]+[A-...', Object(Closure)) #2 ../vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Plugins/BBCodes/Configurator/BBCodeMonkey.php(87): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\Items\Template->replaceTokens('#\\{(?:[A-Z]+[A-...', Object(Closure)) #3 in ../vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Plugins/BBCodes/Configurator/BBCodeMonkey.php on line 84
Kaffe

Post by Kaffe »

Bump~
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

See viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2457781#p14928096

You can also use the "search" yourself ;)
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Kaffe

Post by Kaffe »

I have already searched, googled and what-not, and found that thread too, and the «solution» didn’t fix anything :roll: :roll:
janus_zonstraal

Did you find anything in your BBcode?

A little more info from what you did is helpful ;)
Kaffe

Post by Kaffe »

I did the same as in the other topic..
I tried removing custom BBCodes - cleared cache - still the same
I tried replacing bbcodes.html with the original prosilver one - cleared cache - still the same
janus_zonstraal

Try to replace all the files => https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ating-32x/

Not the config.php!
Kaffe

Post by Kaffe »

Kaffe wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:40 pm I used the automatic updater to update from 3.2.1, the update process went well, and the update was marked as successful, but when accessing the forum, I got some errors from a file in the /vendor/ folder that seemed related to some of the extensions I had installed (Reputation system). I deleted the cache a ton of times, disabled all the extensions in the database using PhpMyAdmin, deleting the cache again, and then I got 504 Gateway time-out errors. I then tried to update using the full package method, deleting the config.php, images/ etc. from the package, deleting /cache/ and /vendor/ from my server and uploading the files.
janus_zonstraal

And there where no errors while uploading?

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”