Private Messages staying in outbox

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Private Messages staying in outbox

Post by stevemaury » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:01 pm

But, the message(s) are displayed when your PM page opens, as soon as you go to it, becuase the Inbox is the default displayed.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:20 pm

stevemaury wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:56 pm
Well, yes, but it does indicate that the message has been displayed to the recipient and is in their Inbox.
I think we need to define what "message" is, in this case it's just the message subject.

stevemaury wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:01 pm
But, the message(s) are displayed when your PM page opens, as soon as you go to it, becuase the Inbox is the default displayed.
I'm assuming you are referring to accessing it through the notification? That would still be no indication the specific message was read because it could of been marked sent opening the inbox. I also did quick test where I sent two messages to a test user. Opening a single message through the notification box marks them both as sent. I would assume all would be marked sent opening single message. In some regards that is a bug.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:33 pm

Obviously, other than by quizzing the recipient, there is no way to know if the message were actually read, or if so, actually understood.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”