Any settings to notify posters in a thread there has been a reply to the thread?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
TheButcher2

Any settings to notify posters in a thread there has been a reply to the thread?

Post by TheButcher2 »

Thanks
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: Any settings to notify posters in a thread there has been a reply to the thread?

Post by HiFiKabin »

At the foot of each topic and forum there is a link to enable the user to subscribe to that topic/forum
screenshot_151.jpg
TheButcher2

Re: Any settings to notify posters in a thread there has been a reply to the thread?

Post by TheButcher2 »

Thanks for the reply. So there is no default setting in the admin where users will get an email to say there has been a reply to a thread they posted in?
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

No (in some countries that is considered to be an unsolicited email)

Also phpBB has topics, not threads ;)
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

HiFiKabin wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:27 pm
No (in some countries that is considered to be an unsolicited email)

Also phpBB has topics, not threads ;)

Got it.

Yeh been using another script for 14 years that was "Threads" my bad.
cs.dk

Post by cs.dk »

TheButcher2 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Thanks
viewtopic.php?t=2435666
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

cs.dk wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:53 am
TheButcher2 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Thanks
viewtopic.php?t=2435666

That's great but it does not seem to send an email to the previous posters in a topic, any extension out there that will send an email notification please.
thecas

Post by thecas »

Do you confirm to me that this extension doesn't send a mail to al posters inside a topic?
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

thecas wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:39 pm
Do you confirm to me that this extension doesn't send a mail to al posters inside a topic?

Nope that's exactly what I want it to do. Anyone who has replied to a topic gets an email telling them there has been a reply one time until they reply again. I have been using Vbulletin for 14 years and this feature is built into it. On top of it, I have it in my board FAQ that they agree to this, I had 72K members no one ever complained about it to me. The ones registered on the new domain are asking for this feature.

Actually one of the most common board support posts I used to have on sponsorchat.com was why they were not getting notifications by email of replies.

Thank you
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

tell them to subscribe to whatever topics/forums they would like to get notifications about.

very simple.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:41 pm
tell them to subscribe to whatever topics/forums they would like to get notifications about.

very simple.

robert
I agree but with so many requesting it I'm trying to make the members happy.

Is there a way to do this or am i beating my head against the wall.

Peace
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

the only way is with an extension. request one in the extension forums and then you just have to wait until someone decides to create one for you.

this is not the way phpbb was designed from the beginning. most of us believe it constitutes spam to force emails on people that did not specifically request them by subscribing to the forums/topics.

luck,
robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

You could always post a sticky or an announcement explaining how notifications work then your users can decide for themselves.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”