[Resolved] 3.2.1 -> 3.2.2 updater hanging between steps

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Turaiel

[Resolved] 3.2.1 -> 3.2.2 updater hanging between steps

Post by Turaiel »

I completed the file update step during the update from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2, and it seems to have gotten stuck between the "update files" and "update database" steps. Initially, a few database migration logs appeared, but the progress bar got stuck at 6%. I reloaded the page and it seems to be displaying the end of the "update files" step while also showing the same migration step over and over ("Installing Data: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v32x\merge_duplicate_bbcodes."). Clicking the continue button just reloads the same page. Image below.

I have no idea how to recover from this or why it's happening, and the IRC channel seems unresponsive. At this time I'm going on an hour of downtime for a simple update. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix this?
Capture.PNG

Edit: I found and followed this knowledge base link: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ating-32x/
I deleted store/install_config.php to restart the migration process. Then I followed those steps and went back to the installer. It seems to work correctly, but skips all the migration steps. It seems to complete, but ACP is reporting that the database is not up to date.

Edit 2: I ran the database migration from the CLI ("php bin/phpbbcli.php --safe-mode db:migrate") and that failed with the following error:
"PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on null in /[...]/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migration/data/v32x/merge_duplicate_bbcodes.php on line 49". I patched the file with the instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2453611. This allowed me to complete the migration from the CLI. Things are now working.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”