Notifications don't show in notification alert section unless the notification sends an email

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
menz01

Notifications don't show in notification alert section unless the notification sends an email

Post by menz01 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:19 am

Please correct me if I understanding this wrong... If I have my notification settings to notification but not email, I should get a visual alert of a number in my notification alert section on the home screen after I log in and if I have my notification settings to notification and email I should get all that and an email as well

So if I am understanding this correctly then my issue is visual alert notification on the home page only is working when I have the settings for both notification and email. If I have it set for notification only I do not get the visual alert on the home page

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Notifications don't show in notification alert section unless the notification sends an email

Post by stevemaury » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:57 am

Correct, other than the incrementing of the Notifications count.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

menz01

Re: Notifications don't show in notification alert section unless the notification sends an email

Post by menz01 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:08 am

so then there is an issue with my board then. i have notifications set to "notification" and not email and i am not getting notified. my notifications only work if i set it to notify and email

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:24 am

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

menz01

Post by menz01 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:40 pm

retesting.... will update soon

menz01

Post by menz01 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:26 am

if it is necessary, this topic may be closed. issue is resolved so far after a necessary rebuild

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”