Blocking IP addresses

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Blocking IP addresses

Post by stevemaury »

You must be allowing guest posting. I will check it when I get home.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

The guy who is spamming registered last week. Just delete that account.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

You are not allowing Guest posting and you have has no new registrations since I fixed your Board. You do have members who registered from before who are posting. As Brf Says, delete the accounts as the posts appear. If you wish, you may put all Registered users also in the Newly registered users group and then you will have to approve their first (or next) post. If they are spammers, just delete their account. If not, approve the post and remove them from the Newly registered users group. Pretty soon, you will be all caught up.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
danielpryor
Name: Daniel Pryor

Post by danielpryor »

I have been using the banhammer mod. Don't know if it's a good tool or not. Any thoughts?
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

danielpryor wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:07 am I have been using the banhammer mod. Don't know if it's a good tool or not. Any thoughts?
Yes, my first thought is that one shouldn't use "mods" with phpBB versions >3.1 and the support actions are currently focused towards getting the setup right, not adding mods or extensions before the board configuration problem has been solved.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

You do not need any mods. Do what I said above.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”