Multiple DB errors updating to 3.2.2

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
buksida

Re: Multiple DB errors updating to 3.2.2

Post by buksida »

Yes, I downloaded the complete package after the auto update failed.

The complete package failed also so we can only conclude that this is not solvable and I have to downgrade back to 3.2.0 or 3.2.1

Can you direct me to a full 3.2.0 or 3.2.1 package download - the downloads page only gives the latest version?
buksida

Post by buksida »

I get the same error when trying to install 3.2.1 !!!!

Can someone here please advise where I can get help with this. It is beyond my skillset **deleted**
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solicitation Deleted
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

It's not allowed to hire through this board. However, there are plenty of reputable people around here. We suggest you take a look at the signatures of prominent team or community members who offer their services and send these people a private message. Or if you start your own topic we can help you, for free!
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

It's worth remembering that plenty of people are updating and installing just fine with the same files you're using.

If it's not working for you it's much more likely to be a problem on your side with either file uploads or server config.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
buksida

Post by buksida »

This problem wasn't solvable in 24 hours so we can label it as a failure. That kind of outage isnt really acceptable hence the need for swift response and the request for paid assistance - and I appreciate you guys cant fix all the problems different people have, though saying 'it works for other people' is no help whatsoever for this particular problem which a fair few other people also had.

The only way out of it was to delete the entire file system and go back to a clean install of 3.2.0.

Which means I can no longer update further from there.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

no, it just means that you have not found the correct combination of steps to get it updated.
saying that it works for others is good info. it means that the problem does not lie with phpbb but rather with either your methods or your particular server settings.

I suggest that you create a copy of your board either on your server or on your computer at home. then try the update again using the correct procedures.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
buksida

Post by buksida »

As stated multiple times before I did update with the correct procedures, I've done it hundreds of times before. I updated two other smaller forums before attempting the larger one.

I figured I would get a solution to a specific phpBB coding error message on the official support forum, guess I figured wrong.
xennex

Post by xennex »

I had this problem. Solution for me was to comment out the guts of fix_user_styles.php and then manually check all uses had user_style = 1
shawnpwalsh

Post by shawnpwalsh »

I ran into this error when I had custom columns that were added to the <table prefix>_users table by an extension.

I was able to resolve by disabling the extension and deleting its data (causing the columns to be deleted). This solution won't work for everyone, I was lucky that this was on a fresh upgrade from a 2.0 board and it was a new extension (the extension was activated during the Install phase of the conversion).

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”