5 minute lag after posting ?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
exxos

5 minute lag after posting ?

Post by exxos »

Little hard to explain.. But if I personally do a post on the forum it shows up immediately and everything seems fine..

However when I watch the online list, I can see someone is posting a message on the forum, and when they are done it shows they are reading a forum topic. So I would assume the message has then been posted as they are now reading the topic and not posting. However even if I sit refreshing the page constantly it takes about five minutes before the actual post seems to appear on the forum itself..

I've seen a similar thing with the PM as well, where I can see on the online list someone is composing private message, when they are finished it just says reading private messages, so the message that point should be completed and sent. However it is again about five minutes before I actually get a inbox notification, even if I sit refreshing the page constantly. Clearing the cache does not seem to help either in the browser.

So not sure if anyone else has noticed this behaviour ? Is this normal or some sort of bug ?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: 5 minute lag after posting ?

Post by RMcGirr83 »

You probably have a caching service in effect (Cloudflare or Varnish). I would talk to my host.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
exxos

Post by exxos »

Its a server running ubuntu which I setup myself. So other than default Apache, php, sql and all the usual stuff, I'm not aware of any caching services in anything ?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

The default View online time span refresh rate is 5 minutes. ACP, Load settings. You can shorten it at the cost of increasing server load.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”