BBoard is not taking the changes from admin

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
steven houtzager

BBoard is not taking the changes from admin

Post by steven houtzager »

Hey I just created a new bboard and it installed ok thru cpanel. However when I go into the admin control panel and make some changes they don't affect the bboard at all. I installed a new style or theme and selected it. I also added some more forums and they don't show up. Maybe it is something my hoster is not doing? Thanks. :roll:
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: BBoard is not taking the changes from admin

Post by KevC »

Firstly, the cpanel version is provided by your hosts, not us, and we know it has some problems so you would be advised to bin it and reinstall using our files. We cannot fully support cpanel installations. Your hosts should but they will probably not help you.

A style can be installed but you only see it if you turn on the override option below the board setting so force it on everyone or you actvely choose it in your user control panel.

For forums, they will only show if you set the correct permissions for people to see them

'In Administration Control Panel (ACP) > FORUMS > Manage forums make a new forum (or edit an existing one).

Forum type: Category
Parent forum: No parent

Set permissions for category.

Then make another forum.
Forum type: Forum
Parent forum: the category you just made.

Set permissions for forum.

To set permissions, either use the option to copy permissions from an existing category or forum that has the desired permissions, or:
Administration Control Panel (ACP) > Permissions > Group forum permissions
Set the registered users to be able to see and post in it:
Registered users > Standard access
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
steven houtzager

Post by steven houtzager »

Well I have created 4 Forums and I set the permissions on those 4. I only see the first forum. I do see a posting I made in the first forum. Why don't the other 3 forums show up? I want to go to the index page of this bboard and see 4 forums.

Here it the forum index page. http://intuitionusa.com/phpbb/index.php ... 361f222d64

Also, when I posted a message it later said the message had not been "approved". I don't want that option to ever appear for anyone. I do not see how to turn it off? Thanks :)
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

As a guest, I can see one forum.

If the other forums do not show up then you have not set permissions for them.

For the approval issue
general
user registration settings
new member post limit
Set that to zero

Then you need to take everyone out of the newly registered users group
manage groups
click members next to the newly registered users group
Take everyone out of it.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”