Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using?
What is your board's URL? http://byfellowship.com/forums
Who do you host your board with?
How did you install your board?
I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board?
Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue?
Do you have any MODs installed?
Do you have any extensions installed?
What version of phpBB3 did you update from?
What extensions do you have installed?
disabled all the ones I knew of before starting as per directions. The following are disabled. Don't remember if I had any that would not show up in the extensions list
was this topic useful
What styles do you currently have installed?
What language(s) is your board currently using?
Which database type/version are you using?
I Don't Know
What is your level of experience?
Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable?
Using manual update method for 3.1.9 to 3.2.2 as per These instructions https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... upgrade31/
Please describe your problem.
Left database type as unknown as options through me off. ACP says mysql 10.0.31 MariaDB
I followed the instructions to the letter. disabled extensions, deleted the files it said on the server and in the package properly. Had one single file that had to be requeued and run again but was successful.
At the database step, first time I hit the button it said something about not finding a database or, some weird message. didn't freak yet, started the process over and it began to update. Got to 97% done(so close) before it gave the timeout error.
"The installer has detected a timeout, you may try to refresh the page, which may lead to data corruption. We suggest that you either increase your timeout settings or try to use the CLI."
Generated by SRT Generator
I did a search for this error and saw just a few topics where this error happened in different ways it seems to me. So I don't know if all solutions are equal. One referred someone to the "known issue" at the top of the support forum but I'm not sure if that's what applies here. That "may lead to data corruption" warning scares me... ha. I don't want to guess my way through this and mess something up.
I'm going to check a few things, like the config.php file I saw others mention to check... whatever I do, I just want to make sure I don't just try things and hope for the best so I'm asking for directions here.
This is the first time I've done a manual update like this, usually do the automatic but the download page recommended manual for this update so it's what I tried.