innocuous complaint about extensions

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
shortmort37
Name: Dan Morton

innocuous complaint about extensions

Post by shortmort37 »

I run a 3.2.1 board. I have the following extensions installed:
extensions.JPG
Recently I installed BridgeDD PRO to bridge a WordPress installation with phpBB. At some point thereafter, I started to notice that whenever I made a change in the ACP, I would get this warning:
error.JPG
While it complains that extensions have been temporarily disabled,they in fact are not - and whatever change I made is effective.

I don't know that installing the bridge caused the problem. I disabled the bridge, and per the warning, I disabled all the extensions, and I purged the cache. Still the warning persists.

Any ideas about how to further diagnose?

Thanks
Dan
david63

Re: innocuous complaint about extensions

Post by david63 »

As the problem started after you installed BridgeDD PRO that would suggest that that extension is causing the problem. When you disabled it did you delete the data as well? If not then disable it and delete data and see if the problem persists.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

To receive extension support please visit our Extensions Database and post in the specific extension's designated support area. The link to the support area for each released extension is also available in the first post of each released extension listed in the [3.2.x] Extension Database Releases forum. For extensions still in development (not recommended for a live board) support is in that extensions's topic in the Extensions in Development forum.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
shortmort37

Post by shortmort37 »

david63 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:40 am As the problem started after you installed BridgeDD PRO that would suggest that that extension is causing the problem. When you disabled it did you delete the data as well? If not then disable it and delete data and see if the problem persists.
Yes - it started after, but I can't say for sure that it started *immediately* after. It appears to install two tables in the phpbb database, I will deactivate and delete from the WordPress side which I believe should remove the tables. But since they don't actually alter any existing phpbb tables, I don't see how they are implicated - but it's a good suggestion, I will try it.
Mick wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:28 am To receive extension support please visit our Extensions Database and post in the specific extension's designated support area. The link to the support area for each released extension is also available in the first post of each released extension listed in the [3.2.x] Extension Database Releases forum. For extensions still in development (not recommended for a live board) support is in that extensions's topic in the Extensions in Development forum.
I don't think I'm actually asking for extension support. In fact, I'm asking for help with a problem that persists when every single extension on my board is deactivated. It seems to be more of a systemic phpbb problem that may have been introduced by some combination of bridge and extension.

Just sayin'. Which specific extension of the six should I reference in the Extensions Database, or should I post in all six?!

Dan
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

The BridgeDD Pro extension support area. This is not a "systemic phpBB problem." No one I have seen has it but you.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
shortmort37

Post by shortmort37 »

stevemaury wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:21 pm The BridgeDD Pro extension support area.
I'm having trouble finding the place where you suggest I post this. It's not an extension, it's a bridge. Can you provide a link?

Thanks
Dan
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

shortmort37 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:31 pm I'm having trouble finding the place where you suggest I post this
:? https://bridgedd.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1825 forum https://bridgedd.com/support/viewforum.php?f=24
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
shortmort37

Post by shortmort37 »

I posted there before I posted here. And now we have come full circle.

Tell me again why this is not an appropriate place to ask for help with a phpBB warning?
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

stevemaury wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:21 pm The BridgeDD Pro extension support area.
shortmort37 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:31 pm I'm having trouble finding the place where you suggest I post this. It's not an extension, it's a bridge. Can you provide a link?
shortmort37 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:09 pm I posted there before I posted here. And now we have come full circle.

Tell me again why this is not an appropriate place to ask for help with a phpBB warning?
If the posterity will have an answer to your question surely will be posted here.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
david63

Post by david63 »

shortmort37 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:09 pm Tell me again why this is not an appropriate place to ask for help with a phpBB warning?
Have you done this yet?
david63 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:40 am As the problem started after you installed BridgeDD PRO that would suggest that that extension is causing the problem. When you disabled it did you delete the data as well? If not then disable it and delete data and see if the problem persists.
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
shortmort37

Post by shortmort37 »

david63 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:31 pm
shortmort37 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:09 pm Tell me again why this is not an appropriate place to ask for help with a phpBB warning?
Have you done this yet?
I have, just now. I disabled the bridge, then deleted it and its data. It removed the two tables it added to the phpBB database. The warning persisted.

I then disabled all six of the extensions. The warning persists.

So: In the absence of the bridge, there's no point in posting in the bridge forum. In the absence of any active extensions, there's no point in posting in the extension forum.

Is this the correct forum to which I should post for help with this warning? Or, should I be posting elsewhere?
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Did you purge the cache after the changes?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
shortmort37

Post by shortmort37 »

Yes. Just to be sure, I cleared it out with FileZilla.
david63

Post by david63 »

shortmort37 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:40 am I then disabled all six of the extensions. The warning persists.
As this error relates to an extension and you have disabled/deleted data for all of your extensions the only thing that I can think of is that at least one of your extensions has not been fully removed. I have seen this error when I have been working on extensions so it is not new, but has, in my experience, been due to a problem with an extension.

Do you have access to the database? If so can you post a screen gran of your phpbb_ext table (the phpbb prefix may be different on your board. In theory that table should be empty.
David

shortmort37

Post by shortmort37 »

Thank you David, yes - I do have access to the database. After work, I will disable the extensions again (because the warning is innocuous, I have reenabled them), check the table and post my findings here.

Thanks again
Dan

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”