Host claiming phpbb scripts are causing high server load -

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
joeyb+1

Host claiming phpbb scripts are causing high server load -

Post by joeyb+1 »

Hi,
I have a standard issue 3.2.2 release on my site, and because of "high server load" the host has suspended the account.
I cannot access the install, to see what is going on or why,
the host has refused to provide server logs detailing the issue - or at least highlighting the process that is causing this.

Does anyone know what alleged scripts could cause high server load in a bog-standard 3.2.2 install? note, I have nearly all the bots turned off also, I think google is the only one, and it's never been an issue since the first phpbb version the forum ran.

I think my host not providing proof is what is really pissing me off. this is the second time this issue has occurred since the 3.2.2 update. (first instance was on jan 30)

Any ideas would be appreciated.

canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Re: Host claiming phpbb scripts are causing high server load -

Post by canonknipser »

Change host ;)
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 »

Without a definition of "high server load" I doubt that anyone can throw any light on this.

I suspect that it is a ploy by your hosts to get you to upgrade your account to something that costs more, but I can sometimes be cynical!
joeyb+1 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:05 pm
Any ideas would be appreciated.
canonknipser wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:13 pm
Change host ;)
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

joeyb+1

Post by joeyb+1 »

This is all I get out of them. My site has been offlined - which is complete bollocks.
Unfortunately, we cannot exactly pin point which script was causing high load on server since we have shared server. The only thing we were able to see is your account unique ID. We suggest you to check all your scripts which may be possibly causing this issue. If you are not sure about your scripts, then you can contact your web developer and ask for further help.

Since the high load affects other customers on the same server we needed to suspend your account. High load can be caused by plenty of reasons. Please avoid for example:

- recursive programming or scripting loops
- log scipting
- resizing image size on request

Please understand that these are only examples. We need to ask you to check your whole account for potential sources for high load. Please check all the scripts given in link and make sure that it will not cause the high load in future. Your account will be unsuspended automatically after 2018-03-12 07:30:20 GMT.

Thank you for your co-operation, patience and understanding.

Kind Regards
Tony, Support
Servage Hosting

joeyb+1

Post by joeyb+1 »

canonknipser wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:13 pm
Change host ;)
Frank, I've been with this host for a very long time, I'd change to a better one, if someone could tell me where I can find one which allows me to FTP direct from the control panel, I have a slow dsl connection and backing up 7gb of /files across a dsl and uploading it to a new host is not exactly quick.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

most hosting companies will do the transfer for you if you ask. the new hosting company that is, not the old one. ;)

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

So this happened in Jan and it is happening now and nothing in between? Seems you hosts don't know what they are doing or changed something on the server since January.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”