Updating from 3.0.8 to 3.2

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
mirdj

Updating from 3.0.8 to 3.2

Post by mirdj » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Hi all,

I'm a newbie when it comes down to phpBB but I've done site maintenance in the past. Recently I've been asked to take over a phpBB board that hasn't seen any maintenance over at least the last 1,5 years. It's currently running on 3.0.8 and I want to update it to 3.2 Before I do that I want to run the board local so I can test and mess around with it without messing up the online board. I've installed XAMPP and made a backup of the board but I can't import it in XAMPP. The max size for the import file is 2MB, mine is 36MB with compression. Even a single backup of just the database is larger than 2MB, anyone who can help me out so I can import the board for test purposes?

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Updating from 3.0.8 to 3.2

Post by stevemaury » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:05 pm

If you have Xampp installed you have complete control over the configuration files and you can increase the import filesize to whatever you want. In my installation of Xampp, the maximum filesize for import is 128MiB, and that is the default. Are you using the phpMyAdmin that comes with Xampp?

Be that as it may, this may help - https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ase-dumps/

Also, if it were me, I would disable the board in the ACP with a message "Updating" and then I'd backup the database and follow this - https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... /upgrade3/
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”