adding a search link

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
TheButcher2

adding a search link

Post by TheButcher2 »

Hi guys

Happy St Patricks day, I tried this adding a link in my nav bar "search" linking it to https://www.sponsor.chat/search.php but my whole nav bar disappeared on the home page, but would show up on forum pages. All I want is to add a search link after "contact"

Here is a screen cap if that makes sense.

Thanks and peace
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 1.55.08 PM.png
david63

Re: adding a search link

Post by david63 »

The code where you tried to put the link might help
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

david63 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:42 pm The code where you tried to put the link might help
Thanks for taking the time to help.

I added it right after - <a href="https://www.sponsor.chat/viewtopic.php? ... vertise</a>
in line so it was - <a href="https://www.sponsor.chat/search.php">Search</a>

Peace
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

you have a link to the search in that drop down quick links, not sure why you want another one in the same line.
anyway, you have to leave things in place so we can see what you did wrong so we can help you.

put the link back like you did before , see if you still have a problem and if so, leave it like that until someone can take a look and see what you did wrong.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:15 pm you have a link to the search in that drop down quick links, not sure why you want another one in the same line.
anyway, you have to leave things in place so we can see what you did wrong so we can help you.

put the link back like you did before , see if you still have a problem and if so, leave it like that until someone can take a look and see what you did wrong.

robert
Only doing what my regular members want from me. I put it back, cleared the board cache, it works fine on my Mac; guests, registered and admins.see the full nav bar.

Guests and registered users can see it on the iphone and ipad, only group who can not is admins. I'm one of 2 admins.

Thinking it's some admin group permissions issues.

Peace
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

TheButcher2 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:30 pm Only doing what my regular members want from me.
They're not always right and you don't always have to do what they want. It's your board, not theirs :)
They don't realise what a hassle all the changes are for you and then will be every time you update and have to do them all again.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Also, once again, PLEASE stop posting styles support issues in this forum.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

stevemaury wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:35 pm Also, once again, PLEASE stop posting styles support issues in this forum.
Sorry for that I thought it was a code issue,
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Styles have code. Adding links is styles. Coding styles, but styles nonetheless.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

stevemaury wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:47 pm Styles have code. Adding links is styles. Coding styles, but styles nonetheless.
I sincerely apologize for the mistake, it is and was not intentional.

Peace
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

I am sure it wasn't.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”