How to work the Jabber feature

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Big Monstro

How to work the Jabber feature

Post by Big Monstro » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:15 am

Hello.

As a phpBB board administrator, I would like to enable the Jabber feature so that users can immediately receive board notifications on their devices (PC, tablets, smartphones). That feature works for me, with two Jabber accounts (the one for the board - Jabber settings in the ACP - and the other one associated to my user profile - in the UCP).

The problem is: on the Jabber account associated to my profile, I receive board notifications (in addition to the instant messages sent through the board) IF AND ONLY IF I added the Jabber address associated to my board (specified in the ACP settings) in the contacts list of the other account (specified in my user profile) AND IF I approved to add that address to the contacts list of the first account (the board account).

Otherwise, it simply doesn't work. Some registered users of my board specified a Jabber address on their profiles and they don't receive messages from the board.

That means that if one thousand of registered users of my board would like to take advantage of Jabber, these users have to add the board address of their contact lists and I have to login to the Jabber board address to add these thousands users adresses... Repeat the operation 1000 times for 1000 users. That seems absurd!

What's wrong with my Jabber settings?
jabber.png
Thank you for your help.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”