admin locked out of forum

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
jvdbarista
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

admin locked out of forum

Post by jvdbarista » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:25 pm

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.2
What is your board's URL? http://forum.canadianbaristaacademy.com/
Who do you host your board with? stormweb.ca
How did you install your board? I used a tool provided by my host
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0-B1
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver
What language(s) is your board currently using? english
Which database type/version are you using? I Don't Know
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? tried to login with my admin user. but password doesn't work.

tried to reset password with the email i set up with.

got this message: "The email/username information submitted could not be found."
Please describe your problem. tried to login with my admin user. but password doesn't work.

tried to reset password with the email i set up with.

got this message: "The email/username information submitted could not be found."
Generated by SRT Generator

User avatar
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 3143
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 9:10 am
Location: Swearing at the PC, UK
Name: James
Contact:

Re: admin locked out of forum

Post by HiFiKabin » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:43 pm

That is a common issue with the tool the host provides. As its a new forum you will be best advised to delete everything and start over with the download from here

User avatar
moosepucky
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: admin locked out of forum

Post by moosepucky » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:02 am

1) Is this a new install and first log on (of admin)?
2) Is this an issue after using the hosting "update" option?
3) Is the hosting installer Softaculous ?

If #1 this thread covers how to get past the issue

viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2443561&p=14852656#p14852656

If #2, clear cookies for that domain and you should be able to log in after deleting the install(er) folder as listed in the Softaculous update success page.

User avatar
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 19955
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:49 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: admin locked out of forum

Post by Mick » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:59 am

If your not using SSL Cookie secure should be disabled. Your Cookie domain shows forum.baristacanada.com and it should be forum.canadianbaristaacademy.com. See Knowledge Base - Fixing incorrect cookie settings.

As previously stated we cannot fully support such installs as it isn’t our software. You need to speak to your host first, if they can’t help you (which they should do) you need to consider starting again with the software from here. Let us know what they said.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

jvdbarista
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: admin locked out of forum

Post by jvdbarista » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:38 pm

moosepucky wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:02 am
1) Is this a new install and first log on (of admin)?
2) Is this an issue after using the hosting "update" option?
3) Is the hosting installer Softaculous ?

If #1 this thread covers how to get past the issue

viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2443561&p=14852656#p14852656

If #2, clear cookies for that domain and you should be able to log in after deleting the install(er) folder as listed in the Softaculous update success page.
Hi, it is #3 on your list. my provider is Stormweb.ca and the installer used was softoculous.

thank you for your help!

Forum is fixed

jvdbarista
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: admin locked out of forum

Post by jvdbarista » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:38 pm

Mick wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:59 am
If your not using SSL Cookie secure should be disabled. Your Cookie domain shows forum.baristacanada.com and it should be forum.canadianbaristaacademy.com. See Knowledge Base - Fixing incorrect cookie settings.

As previously stated we cannot fully support such installs as it isn’t our software. You need to speak to your host first, if they can’t help you (which they should do) you need to consider starting again with the software from here. Let us know what they said.
thank you for your help! Forum is fixed.

jvdbarista
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: admin locked out of forum

Post by jvdbarista » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:41 pm

I am fairly new to all of this,but, as far as I can tell the mistake that I was making, was that I was trying to logon through http when in fact i was supposed to be going through https. once i changed over this morning after reading through all your replies my password then worked.

thank you for taking the time to help!

Best, Jamie

User avatar
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 19955
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:49 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: admin locked out of forum

Post by Mick » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:47 pm

You still need to fix your cookie domain as above.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

jvdbarista
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: admin locked out of forum

Post by jvdbarista » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Mick wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:47 pm
You still need to fix your cookie domain as above.
please look again and let me know if i got it correct?

J

User avatar
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 19955
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:49 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: admin locked out of forum

Post by Mick » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:38 pm

It’s spot on now.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

jvdbarista
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: admin locked out of forum

Post by jvdbarista » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:41 pm

Mick wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:38 pm
It’s spot on now.
Thank you for your time and for helping me make this work properly!

Best, Jamie

User avatar
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 49437
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:21 am
Location: The U.P.
Name: Steve
Contact:

Re: admin locked out of forum

Post by stevemaury » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Before your board gets established, I STRONGLY suggest you re-install using the files from here. Otherwise, there will be no support from here.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

jvdbarista
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: admin locked out of forum

Post by jvdbarista » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:51 pm

stevemaury wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:49 pm
Before your board gets established, I STRONGLY suggest you re-install using the files from here. Otherwise, there will be no support from here.
Ok, do you suggest a step by step for that?

User avatar
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 49437
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:21 am
Location: The U.P.
Name: Steve
Contact:

Re: admin locked out of forum

Post by stevemaury » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:23 pm

Are your 43 members real, or spambots? You are the only poster. I ask, because if there are no real members, it will be easier.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

jvdbarista
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: admin locked out of forum

Post by jvdbarista » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:40 pm

stevemaury wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:23 pm
Are your 43 members real, or spambots? You are the only poster. I ask, because if there are no real members, it will be easier.
you are likely right about spambots - spent a ton of time banning emails and IP and eventually it stopped. those 43 i am not sure about. i know about 3 of them personally, otherwise the rest are possibly people, but i am not betting on it.

Post Reply

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AbaddonOrmuz, invenio, Mustang-man, Noxwizard and 23 guests