Newly registered users issue

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
crazynlazyguy
Name: Matt

Newly registered users issue

Post by crazynlazyguy »

I have an issue where the permissions I setup for Newly registered users isn't getting applied to users who are in that group by default.

Users who are in "Newly registered users" are being given full permissions as if they were a registered user even though they aren't.. I have checked permissions and they are restricted and still not being applied. :roll:

1st problem is new users never get moved into the restricted group even though this is set.
new users.PNG
2nd problem is if I move folks into that group manually they never get automatically moved out after making their 1 post.
Last edited by crazynlazyguy on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Newly registered users issue

Post by KevC »

Do the forums have the newly registered user access permission applied to them?
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Newly Registered users are also at all times members of the Registered users group. Therefore, if you want to block nru's from doing something, you must use Never permissions for that group. No's will be overridden by Yeses from the Registered users group.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
crazynlazyguy

Post by crazynlazyguy »

KevC wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:52 pm
Do the forums have the newly registered user access permission applied to them?
Yes. I also set this in the settings but new members never get forced into the group!
Attachments
new users.PNG
crazynlazyguy

Post by crazynlazyguy »

stevemaury wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:53 pm
Newly Registered users are also at all times members of the Registered users group. Therefore, if you want to block nru's from doing something, you must use Never permissions for that group. No's will be overridden by Yeses from the Registered users group.
I noticed that but I'm not sure how to limit forums to only "Newly registered users"

I have it setup so "Newly registered users" can NEVER access certain forums but since they are members of both they CAN access all forums even though I specified NEVER in the "Newly registered users" forum permissions.

This is very frustrating.
crazynlazyguy

Post by crazynlazyguy »

Well I was able to at least keep members with fewer than 1 post out of other forums with this extension but it would be nice if PHPBB could do that itself without such use of 3rd party extensions.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

I can if it's set up right.

Want to PM me a login to see what's wrong?
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

crazynlazyguy wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:03 pm
Well I was able to at least keep members with fewer than 1 post out of other forums with this extension but it would be nice if PHPBB could do that itself without such use of 3rd party extensions.
It can. It does. You have something wrong. Hopefully, KevC will sort it out.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”