SQL Table phpbb3_log and log_time

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
abrogard
Name: arthur brogard

Re: SQL Table phpbb3_log and log_time

Post by abrogard »

3Di wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:27 pm I would like to suggest you a very good host, cheap and very reliable https://www.kualo.com/webhosting (basic plan = 5 x 500MB MySQL Databases)

And you will forget all of your problems immediately. We are proudly hosted by them BTW.

And no, I don't get any money for that, I am not an affiliate. :)

They appear to charge 5 x what godaddy charge. haven't checked out all the fine print which could make quite a difference, I know, but on the surface...

:)
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

abrogard wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:35 pm
3Di wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:27 pm I would like to suggest you a very good host, cheap and very reliable https://www.kualo.com/webhosting (basic plan = 5 x 500MB MySQL Databases)

And you will forget all of your problems immediately. We are proudly hosted by them BTW.

And no, I don't get any money for that, I am not an affiliate. :)

They appear to charge 5 x what godaddy charge. haven't checked out all the fine print which could make quite a difference, I know, but on the surface...

$3,99 x month is nothing comparing their level of assistance and technical specifications. ;)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
abrogard

Post by abrogard »

3Di wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:45 pm $3,99 x month is nothing comparing their level of assistance and technical specifications. ;)
Depends how thrifty you are, at bottom. And your needs. Assuming both meet my needs I'll go the cheapest.

3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Sure thing, but the more you spend the less you spend.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
abrogard

Post by abrogard »

3Di wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:56 pm Sure thing, but the more you spend the less you spend.
yep. but a fool and his money are soon parted.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

almost any amount of money is a better deal than godaddy hosting.

do a search here for godaddy and see what comes up.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

abrogard wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:46 am they want $120 for unlimited domains and databases at 1G each database
:shock: At $120, you could get a very nice VPS server (I pay $87 for my semi beefed up one) or a cheap dedicated server.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
abrogard

Post by abrogard »

That'd be committing the whole $120 to that one site, wouldn't it? Or the server is mine and could host all my sites on it? I know nothing of VPS. Good deal or bad, I don't know. Happy to learn. What exactly do they give you?

Right now I spend about $50 or $60 and I get about 15-20 sites hosted for me. Emails and Sql (though only 20M :( ) and all the other benefits.

Another $12 and I've got that one site covered for sql space if it continues to need it

Are there some specific advantages of having a VPS server that you think I could/should go for?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Server set up is beyond the scope of these forums. If you search there are top hosters who offer the first year free then less than £2/month after that. Your board should run comfortably on shared hosting.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Lumpy Burgertushie

abrogard wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:59 am That'd be committing the whole $120 to that one site, wouldn't it? Or the server is mine and could host all my sites on it? I know nothing of VPS. Good deal or bad, I don't know. Happy to learn. What exactly do they give you?

Right now I spend about $50 or $60 and I get about 15-20 sites hosted for me. Emails and Sql (though only 20M :( ) and all the other benefits.

Another $12 and I've got that one site covered for sql space if it continues to need it

Are there some specific advantages of having a VPS server that you think I could/should go for?
a VPS is like having your own computer. you can put as many sites/files as you want to up to the limits of the server space.
however, you then have to be able to manage it yourself. I don't think you are quite ready for that yet.

most hosting companies offer plans that include unlimited sites. what that means is that you can create add on domains.

that is what they mean by "sites" one domain name equals one "site".
so if you want to have mydomain.com for one website and myotherdomain.com for a different website you can do that.

for instance I have phpbbusers.com, cyberosis.net, phpbbace.com and a few other domain names. they are all different websites and are all hosted under my main domain name of cyberosis.com on my hosting account with my hosting company.

my main hosting account gives me unlimited emails, unlimited databases etc. all within my disk space package that I pay for.
by the way, this is the cheapest package that my host offers so it is very inexpensive.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
abrogard

Post by abrogard »

Yes, I know most of that, Robert. Except the VPS bit which is much as I surmise.

That's the point about Awardspace. I've got something like 10 or 15 domains with them and they manage everything and give me email addresses and such. And I use 3ix where I have more. Same thing.

And then I have sites on my own Lan running IIS.

So why would I want a VPS, I'm saying. Querying the utility. In all aspects, not least economy.

My current little problem, cured for the moment by rationalising the db or whatever it was called, can best be permanently fixed, I'm thinking, by spending another $12/yr and getting a 1G allowance with such as godaddy.

But I'm always open to suggestion, so I'm listening and learning.

I got some excellent facts and figures by PM on VPS's that need absorbing and thinking about and I'll do that when I can.
Lumpy Burgertushie

well, you do what you wish of course. but as we have been telling you , choose a different host than godaddy . you will be very likely to have other problems that will be very hard to solve if you use godaddy. there are plenty of inexpensive hosts out there. check out http://webhostingtalk.com

luck,
roberrt

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”