Does Normal WordPress hosting works with PHPBB?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
hanna.nicholson33

Does Normal WordPress hosting works with PHPBB?

Post by hanna.nicholson33 »

Hi,

I have a website that is running on WordPress. Now I would like to add bulletin board on my website with PHPBB. Had a discussion with tech guy and he agreed to do it for me, however, I am bit confused in choosing the hosting. I already have a WordPress hosting that is working smoothly for me. Now my question is that should I look for a new hosting or use the same hosting for my website.

I previously chose the hosting from [spam link deleted] - from there I opted WPEngine. The service works fine to me and I am a happy customer. Can anyone help me to decide with this also?
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: Does Normal WordPress hosting works with PHPBB?

Post by HiFiKabin »

If your host can satisfy the needed requirements then you can use phpBB.

Incidentally, 'Wordpress Hosting' is just a package name your host has come up with.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

yep, there is really no such thing as "wordpress hosting". any server that meets the requirements to run a wordpress blog can run phpbb.
the requirements for both are the same. php and a database such as mysql. that is basically it.

so, if you have someone that knows how to use ftp to install programs on a hosting account then they should be able to install phpbb right along side of wp.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
gflex1

Post by gflex1 »

No problem. I run wordpress site and phpbb on the same hosting(Not WPEngine, but doesn't matter). I have main site (about, services..etc) on wordpress and Community/discussions page on a seperate phpbb forum witch is in a sub folder of wordpress.

BTW, phpbb generates me got chunk of traffic for my website. Because it is on a subfolder, google sees it like a part of the page ;)
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

HiFiKabin wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:03 pm Incidentally, 'Wordpress Hosting' is just a package name your host has come up with.
Not necessarily. ;) The server may be optimized for Wordpress installations and if a host wanted to limit it to just Wordpress installs there is a lot of other things you can do to increase performance such as single set of core files.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Folks, this is an old post from a user who has not been been here in 9 months.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Indeed. That user joined up, posted their spam link, and never came back.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”