new install, but now won't let me back in

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Dlan

new install, but now won't let me back in

Post by Dlan »

What is your board's URL? http://ohioeuchre.com/forum/
Who do you host your board with? BlueHost
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Fresh Install
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? No
What styles do you currently have installed? rain_forest
What language(s) is your board currently using? No answer given
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? I was able to install phpbb with no problems. Installed rain_forest,, again with no problems. Set up boards fine
Please describe your problem. The next day I found I was logged out. That I would expect. However when I try to log back in. it forgets who I am. It won't let me log in.

I tried 'forgot password' and I get The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again. It seems to have forgotting my email also. I received welcome to phpbb at that same address.

This is the second time this has happened. I installed first time then deleted thinking I must have done something wrong. Reinstaled with the same thing happening.

I'm not sure where to go from here.
Generated by SRT Generator
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: new install, but now won't let me back in

Post by stevemaury »

In phpMyAdmin, run the following, which will create an admin user named Admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_jabber, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', '[email protected]', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '');
Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_

See Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin if you are unfamiliar with running database queries.

As soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to change the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
  1. anyone could use that account to log in to your board if you didn't change the password.
  2. this temporary user has not been fully set up (e.g. it is not a member of the "Registered users" group, so it won't have normal access to your forums).
To remove the account you will first need to remove ???founder??? status from it: ACP > USERS AND GROUPS tab > Manage Users > Admin1 > Overview > Founder = No
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Dlan

Post by Dlan »

Thanks for replying

I ran that and confirmed that the record was added.

I logged into phpbb with admin1/admin.

There doesn't seem to be a way to get to ACP

I'm just going to delete every thing and start over.

If I'm still having problems I'll let you know
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

You don’t have the ACP link in the Navbar or at the bottom of the page?
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Dlan

Post by Dlan »

Last night I started over, deleted DB and the complete directory from the server. Every run as expected. This time I didn't add any styles. I had no problem adding one new category with my browser. I didn't touch anything else.

This morning, same thing, forgets who I am. Forgets my email. I added the Admin1/admin record. Still no link to the ACP. For ha-ha's I tried lost p/w using [email protected] All I get is The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again. This is the same as I get when using my email.

The DB shows both emails as correct.
Dlan

Post by Dlan »

I just had a thought. You may want to try to log on, http://ohioeuchre.com/forum/ , and see if you get the same results. I don't think it could be anything wrong with my home computer, but that would eliminate it
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

I see your Cookie domain is wrong, it shows ohioeuchre.com and it should be .ohioeuchre.com, note the leading dot.

See Knowledge Base - Fixing incorrect cookie settings
    " - Harmony Cobel
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

I am having no problems logging in as admin1 or as xxx, with admin1 having an ACP link. Are you sure your browser is not caching a bad page or something?
Dlan

Post by Dlan »

Well this is interesting, I normally use firefox. Even clearing the cash doesn't help.

But in MS explorer it works fine.

Must be something about firefox it doesn't like.

Thanks for your help in checking that like. At least now I have a way to make it work
Dlan

Post by Dlan »

I just shut down and restarted computer. Firefox now works. I think this computer just like making me crazy again thanks ofr your help
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

FWIW - I have similar issues with FF plus sometimes it doesn’t render CSS properly since one of the miriad of win 10 updates.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”