Permission problem, cant view new categories even as admin

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Rot-Iron66

Permission problem, cant view new categories even as admin

Post by Rot-Iron66 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Trying to setup a new forum, on 3.2.2. I know this is probably something so trivial, but I cannot see new categories/sub-forums, even as admin.
The 1st default category and sub-forum is fine (I can even edit it, change its name, etc.). When I do new category, I cant view it, even if I copy permissions from default/previous category that I can view. AS admin, creating any new category, shouldnt I be able to view it from board index? Anyone run into this? I should note (and it could be part of the issue) I am on free "vistapanel" hosting and installing from there. Not sure if it has anything to do with it. I have attached a quick pic and can attach more. One thing I do notice, when I go back in to edit the one I cant see, it has "do not copy permissions" set, even though I choose to copy from the ones I can view.
phpbb-error.JPG
phpbb-error.JPG (19.22 KiB) Viewed 98 times
Thanks all...

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Permission problem, cant view new categories even as admin

Post by stevemaury » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:11 pm

Being an admin has nothing to do with being able to view forums or categories. It only allows you to view the ACP.

A category is not viewable unless it contains at least one viewable forum. Does your new category contain any forums?
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

Rot-Iron66

Post by Rot-Iron66 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:12 pm

Steve,thanks, let me try that again and get back to you. I thought it did yesterday when I was trying, but I trashed it and started over this AM, thanks for the info...

Rot-Iron66

Post by Rot-Iron66 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:22 pm

Steve,thanks again,I had a feeling it was something trivial, I got hung up when I couldnt view my new category, appreciate your help big-time!

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”