phpBB 3.2.2 - missing icons and only a part of smilies available

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
chrisfr

phpBB 3.2.2 - missing icons and only a part of smilies available

Post by chrisfr »

Hi,

• context:
phpBB 3.2.2 installed on localhost (http), the DB imported from prod and upgraded. All works fine.

• problem:
once 322 + DB uploaded in prod (https) - there is no more interface icons, and only A PART of smilies is available... or all the smilies are in the same folder.
Physically, everything is at the right place (and "images/" + subfolders are 705).
In "ACL> Server> Paths", I get the error "The path" images/smilies "doesn't exist" (same for "images/icons").

Problem of https params?
Problem of "residues" DB?
Problem of caches?

Thank you in advance.

---- upgrade : -----
I suppressed "cache/production/". Nothing change for icons/smilies but I've lost the bandeau "online" when connected.
chrisfr

Re: phpBB 3.2.2 - missing icons and only a part of smilies available

Post by chrisfr »

The problem wasn't the phpBB 3.2.2 problem.

Il was a problem of macos Sierra + ftp software. The latter didn't see any files that name start with "icon" (still don't know why). So it didn't upoload it.
Using an old MBP with El Capitan, I was able to complete uploads. And everything is fine.

By the way:
il would be nice to have phpBB distinguish "incomplete folder" from "path doesn't exist" (as the folder "images/icons" existed but there was no "icons.css" file).

regards
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

if the folder upload did not complete then technically I guess it doesn't exist yet.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
chrisfr

Post by chrisfr »

This is a point of view... that I do not share. The folder "images/icons" was there, it was just missing one file. If I were warned about correctly, I would have some more hair on my head ...and I wouldn't disturb you with my topic. :mrgreen:
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I have discovered that sometimes in windows when you are downloading a folder of files to your computer and the download is stopped before it is complete, the folder does not show up at all.

and hey, I lost all my hair a long time ago from trying to figure out all this crap.

:lol:

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
chrisfr

Post by chrisfr »

As it may be useful for others users, below is the solution I've found for FileZilla on macos Sierra :

- go to FileZilla menu View > Directory listing filters,
- look for by-default-active filter MacOs Specific Files
- click on Edit filter rules... and choose "MacOs Specific Files"
- suppress the line Filename > begins with > icon,
- save and appreciate FileZilla working as it usually does ;-)

The same default filter is no problem under macos El Capitan, ok ?

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”