Problem uploading pdf attachment (size limit issue?)

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
heresolong

Problem uploading pdf attachment (size limit issue?)

Post by heresolong »

One of my members tried to upload a .pdf roster. It was 1.5MB and I have a limit of 6MB on the board. I played around, including doing an upgrade to 3.2.2 but it didn't seem to make any difference. Finally I removed the size limit on attachments and it worked perfectly.

Anyone seen any issues with the size limit not working properly?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Problem uploading pdf attachment (size limit issue?)

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I am deleting my response since it just confuses things. I totally misread the OP's post and gave completely wrong advice.

I am sorry about that.

robert
Last edited by Lumpy Burgertushie on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

^^ Doesn't applies. :geek:

And pls, half-a-MB over 1,5MB is far too much in any case. :)
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:08 am 500KB is not very much difference....
heresolong wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:12 am It was 1.5MB and I have a limit of 6MB on the board.
phpBB core's code takes care of everything that's related.
It's just a question of settings, somewhere.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

There is two settings for file size attachments.

ACP >> Posting Tab >> Attachment Settings

"Maximum file size", you can set it here but to be honest I'm not really sure what this is for other than setting a default. I always set this at the maximum file I might allow which is 200MB for video file uploads.

--------------------------

ACP >> Posting Tab >> Manage attachment extension groups >> Click the gear next to appropriate group, PDF should be under Documents group.

You can set the maximum file size here for that file group.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
heresolong

Post by heresolong »

thecoalman wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:16 am There is two settings for file size attachments.

ACP >> Posting Tab >> Attachment Settings

<snip>

ACP >> Posting Tab >> Manage attachment extension groups
Thanks for the info. I had changed the first one to unlimited (which makes me a bit nervous but we shall see). Never touched the second one, but when I checked it just now it was set to 0 (unlimited) already so I don't know what was going on there. For now, everything seems to be working so I guess we'll see. I may experiment with some test posts and test settings in order to prevent anything crazy from happening with huge attachments.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”