2nd attempt to update phpBB3 yields Catchable fatal error

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Oboiro2500

Re: 2nd attempt to update phpBB3 yields Catchable fatal error

Post by Oboiro2500 »

I have and the date has remained 7th May. The only addition is /Production which is the 17th
FileZilla-after-twig2.jpg
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Than there wasn't a proper upload on the 15th or 16th of may, that also explained why your board isn't working.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Oboiro2500

Post by Oboiro2500 »

Thak you very much. It means I will have to repeat those uploads. Is that error in the pbpBB 3.2.2 upload, or the correction from phpBB 3.2.1? Which folder should I repeat?
janus_zonstraal

Just follow these instructions
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ating-32x/

And when you are finish the upload, check if all the file on the remote site are now from 17-may
Oboiro2500

Post by Oboiro2500 »

Okay. That will be the 3rd attempt. Thanks a lot.
janus_zonstraal

You can test it with one file "index.php" and look if it going to the right place and if the data is correct after de upload.
Oboiro2500

Post by Oboiro2500 »

I have been trying to update phpBB 3.2.2 for about a month. I had been making different attempts to no avail. "Catchable fatal error: Object of class Twig_Source could not be converted to string in /home2/temoinde/public_html/phpBB3/phpbb/template/twig/lexer.php on line 147" was at the first attempt and again in the 2nd attempt. I carried out the correction as recommended above to no avail.

As the major reason for failed attempts, it was pointed out to me that "Last Modified" on files on Remote Server was different from the date on which the files were uploaded as shown on the Local site confirming that the confirmation of "successful" transfers was unreliable.

It is suggested that I try a 3rd time to update. It is evident that this recurrent error is inherent in the software; it would not matter if I uploaded the update a million times the problems would persist. Under this circumstance, I am left with one of two choices as alternatives to trying to update: I must either restore the "outdated" board from a backup, or delete it and install the new one while keeping my databases.

I have decided to replace the outdated Board with the latest phpBB 3.2.2. Are there any suggestions on what I should mind, to succeed with this?
janus_zonstraal

I have decided to replace the outdated Board with the latest phpBB 3.2.2. Are there any suggestions on what I should mind, to succeed with this?
Basically you are doing the same thing as when you update.
So if there is a problem whit uploading files than there will be the same problem again.
Oboiro2500

Post by Oboiro2500 »

Thank you. I was able to install a new phpBB 3.2.2 as my ENGLISH Board using the database from my former spiritualityforimmortality.net account. spiritualityforimmortality.net was deleted. I had no issues and you can visit the Board at www.newworship.info/phpBB3/

I do not understand why I should have issues if I DELETED the present temoindemont.org.phpBB3 before installing a new phpBB3 board.
Oboiro2500

Post by Oboiro2500 »

Replacing my outdated phpBB3.2.2 with the latest phpBB 3.2.2 is a new topic. Hence, I am going to start a new topic based on that soon, so I can be guided.

Any objections to my starting a new topic in the light of the change from the present topic?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

New subject new topic.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”