My forum page shows Index of /phpBB3 after uploading files

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Oboiro2500

My forum page shows Index of /phpBB3 after uploading files

Post by Oboiro2500 »

My http://www.temoindemont.org/phpBB3/ forum shows
Index of /phpBB3

Parent Directory
phpBB3/
vendor/

Apache Server at www.temoindemont.org Port 80

After uploading files.
Oboiro2500

Re: My forum page shows Index of /phpBB3 after uploading files

Post by Oboiro2500 »

After uploading additional files, the Forum now shows the following:

Warning: require(./includes/startup.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/temoinde/public_html/phpBB3/common.php on line 23

Warning: require(./includes/startup.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/temoinde/public_html/phpBB3/common.php on line 23

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required './includes/startup.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php70/lib/php') in /home2/temoinde/public_html/phpBB3/common.php on line 23
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

once again it looks like you are uploading files to the wrong places.

the vendor folder should be inside the phpBB3 folder.
the error is because you either did not upload all the files or you uploaded them to the wrong place again.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Oboiro2500

Post by Oboiro2500 »

Vendor is now inside the phpBB3 Folder; see screenshot
Filezilla showing vendor and other folders
Filezilla showing vendor and other folders
Both http://www.temoindemont.org/phpBB3/install/ and http://www.temoindemont.org/phpBB3/ and after clearing cache shows the error
"

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required './includes/startup.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php70/lib/php') in /home2/temoinde/public_html/phpBB3/common.php on line 23"

Should the folders on bottom right or remote folder be there? The LAST line on local site with filename "autoload.php file size 183 is the FIRST line on the remote site bottom.
Lumpy Burgertushie

the error means that that file is missing. that means you either did not upload it or you uploaded it to the wrong place.

see if you can follow these instructions exactly;

you need to upload all of the files again.

make sure that you have removed the config.php file from the phpBB3 folder on your computer.

then, on the server side of filezilla, make sure you have just the public_html folder showing in the top window.
on the left side of filezilla ( your computer ) make sure you have the folder named phpBB3 showing. not the files/folders inside it,
just the folder named phpBB3

now, using your mouse, drag and drop the complete phpBB3 folder over to the right hand side so that it will overwrite the phpBB3 folder on the right.

do exactly that, don't do it any different than I posted.

once all of the files have finished uploading do this:
in your browser, go to http://www.temoindemont.org/phpBB3/install/
click on the update tab, then click on update database, then click on submit when it says update database only.

then, go back to ftp and delete the folder named install.

then you are done.

if you do this right, it will all be updated properly and will work properly.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Oboiro2500

Post by Oboiro2500 »

Okay. I am going to repeat the upload.
Oboiro2500

Post by Oboiro2500 »

I am now installing my FRENCH forum: www.temoindemont.org/phpBB3/ Access is being denied. See screenshot
Access denied FRENCH
Access denied FRENCH
Note that I tried Database username teminde_board and temoinde_phpBB3 alternately; both were denied access. I have temoinde_board as Database username on MySQL Database, but temoinde_phpBB3 was on config.php as database username and database name. I used the password I had filled at the prior stage of the installation process.
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Your files are here http://www.temoindemont.org/phpBB3/phpB ... ll/app.php instead of here http://www.temoindemont.org/phpBB3/install/app.php

For the database, look into your cpanel for the name and user from the database.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Oboiro2500

Post by Oboiro2500 »

Thank you. See the name and user of the Database for the FRENCH board in attached screenshot
FRENCH Database and user
FRENCH Database and user
I think that is what you mean.

I followed http://www.temoindemont.org/phpBB3/phpB ... ll/app.php that you suggested. It gives the same access denied..
Oboiro2500

Post by Oboiro2500 »

I have revised entries into the link of install see screenshot:
Revised entries into the install interphase
Revised entries into the install interphase
Stillaccess denied.
Lumpy Burgertushie

not sure what you are doing now.

open the config.php file again. correct the database password for the temoinde_board database.

having said that, I have no idea how you can even get to the page you are on if the database info is incorrect.

robert

Oboiro2500

Post by Oboiro2500 »

First, how I got to http://www.temoindemont.org/phpBB3/phpB ... hp/install. After uploading all the files correctly, I opened http://www.temoindemont.org/phpBB3/ The index of/phpBB3 opened. I clicked on the phpBB3/ link and the install page opened.

Please note that I am installing a new FRENCH phpBB-3.2.2 while keeping the database of the old FRENCH board.

There is 0 byte at config.php The download was a blank page when I downloaded it. Hence, no Databases of passwords to edit.

Under this circumstance, can I just create a substitute for temoinde_board, namely, temoinde_french for the FRENCH database user, and have temoinde_french_phpBB3 as the new name of database for the FrENCH temoinde_phpBB3. Similar to what we did to the ENGLISH forum when I changed the database to temoinde_salvatn_pbpBB3 and kept the data from deleted spiritualityforimmortality.net
Last edited by Oboiro2500 on Sat May 26, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Please explain exactly what you are doing or wish to do.
New installation or update or using a old database with or without data?

And why are you upload your files into the phpBB3/phpBB3 directory and not in the phpBB3?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

Oboiro2500, please keep in mind that we have a six hour bumping rule. All team members and community members here are volunteers, so we ask you to wait at least six hours before bumping your topic or, if no-one has replied to your last post, edit your last post. Thanks!
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
Oboiro2500

Post by Oboiro2500 »

Okay. Thanks for the information. I shall abide by the rule.
hargaalga

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”