Disable "View more smilies" pop out box + emoji size

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
cassieve

Disable "View more smilies" pop out box + emoji size

Post by cassieve » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi there,

I was wondering if it's possible to disable the "View more smilies" pop out box and remove that link from the full editor view please?
(I know if we choose to display all smilies on posting page this will disappear but I wanted to keep some smilies in there if users know their code but since I have a lot I don't want them all in the posting view).

I'm also having a bit of trouble with the emojis as they appear much larger than their usual size in the posts (despite appearing in normal size while we're on the posting box - however after we preview or submit the post they show up with this size: https://i.imgur.com/cv45Wbx.png). This issue only happens in my custom theme and everything's normal on prosilver and I found this topic after a search around this support forum: viewtopic.php?p=14603906 saying I need a css rule for it:

Code: Select all

.emoji {
	min-height: 18px;
	min-width: 18px;
	height: 1em;
	width: 1em;
}
..so I tried adding that at the bottom of my /styles/mytheme/theme/stylesheet.css file but nothing changed, then I tried moving the code closer to the top in the file and nothing happened either so I was wondering if anyone could please help me out?
Thank you!
Last edited by cassieve on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Disable "View more smilies" pop out box + emoji size

Post by Mick » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Can I ask, how will your users see/use the extra smilies if you disable the viewing of them but the answer is not in vanilla phpBB. For your style issue, did you purge the cache? You need to post in the support forum for the style. Also, there are no threads in phpBB, they’re topics.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

cassieve

Post by cassieve » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Mick wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:28 pm
Can I ask, how will your users see/use the extra smilies if you disable the viewing of them but the answer is not in vanilla phpBB. For your style issue, did you purge the cache? You need to post in the support forum for the style. Also, there are no threads in phpBB, they’re topics.
They're pretty common and the users see them being posted around, we're a small community and we used to all be in a different forum prior to this new one so we're familiar to the same codes for certain emoticons etc, I know this might seem silly and useless sorry :oops: but is it possible?
And sorry again I'm used to a diff software lingo like I mentioned and mix these terms up :oops:
(I forgot to purge the cache, just did that and it worked!! :mrgreen: Thanks so much!)

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:39 pm

I don’t know that it can without an extension, you should make an extension request.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:49 pm

if you just want to remove the "more smilies" link from the page do this:

download your style/template/posting_editor.html
find:

<!-- IF S_SHOW_SMILEY_LINK and S_SMILIES_ALLOWED -->
			<br /><a href="{U_MORE_SMILIES}" onclick="popup(this.href, 750, 350, '_phpbbsmilies'); return false;">{L_MORE_SMILIES}</a>
		<!-- ENDIF -->
either remove it or replace it with:

<!--  
			<br /><a href="{U_MORE_SMILIES}" onclick="popup(this.href, 750, 350, '_phpbbsmilies'); return false;">{L_MORE_SMILIES}</a>
		<!-- ENDIF -->
		-->
purge the cache and then that should work.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

cassieve

Post by cassieve » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:59 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:49 pm
if you just want to remove the "more smilies" link from the page do this:

download your style/template/posting_editor.html
find:

<!-- ENDIF -->
either remove it or replace it with:

<!--  
		<!-- ENDIF -->
		-->
purge the cache and then that should work.

robert
Thank you very much, worked like a charm!

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”