3.2.2: no Mod-area button outside forum/topic view?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
alpal2

3.2.2: no Mod-area button outside forum/topic view?

Post by alpal2 »

As a Mod/Admin at the index level, seeing all forums or when in a forum viewing the threads or when inside a thread viewing the posts - using Subsilver - you will see at the top left the quick access pulldown and, amongst other buttons, a "hammer" symbol that leads to the moderator panel.

This button is not available when e.g. having selected newest topics from the pulldown or going into the PM section etc. The latter sort of makes sense but why does the button disappear to begin with? The Admin button is always available (thankfully!) so why not the Mod button? This is especially annoying when inside any of the quick access sections where one would possibly see the need to intervene as a Mod but can't, from that point, as there is no Mod button.
I don't believe that this is a bug but rather done on purpose. I'm just wondering if I can get that button to show everywhere (like the Admin button). Anyone got any input? Thanks.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: 3.2.2: no Mod-area button outside forum/topic view?

Post by KevC »

As a guess, when you're in, say, the newest topics page, there are topics being listed that are in lots of forums and you might not have mod permissions in all of those. It's probably a big query to check on the fly which ones you could or couldn't move, delete, lock etc when multiple topics/forums are visible like that. However, once you're in one specific forum or topic, those permissions are easier to deduce.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
alpal2

Post by alpal2 »

Thank you for your reply. That is a comprehensible answer and this approach would make sense to me.

Now I'm wondering if I, for my situation, could change that. My forum does not have many moderators, each of them has mod rights for the entire site/forum and the server is powerful enough to handle short spikes, should there be any. Where would I find the rules/logic for (not) displaying this button?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You would need to request an extension for that.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
alpal2

Post by alpal2 »

Bummer. :( Oh well, thanks anyway!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

if all mods have mod permissions for all forums them put them all in the global moderators group. that way they will see the mod button on all pages that mod functions are available for.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
alpal2

Post by alpal2 »

Thanks, but doesn't make a difference in that regard, still no button in the areas "needed" (but now I know what the point of that Global Moderator group is :lol: ).
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

the mod button will only show up in places where it is relevant. for instance, there would be no reason for a mod button on the search page etc.

it shows up on pages that the mod functions can be used etc.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”