[Split] What is the list of cookies that phpBB uses ?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Hottentotte

[Split] What is the list of cookies that phpBB uses ?

Post by Hottentotte »

Mick wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:11 pm This is still most peculiar to me, whoever is asking you this question can go and look for themselves, if they know what they’re doing. The UK & Spain both follow European law (for now) so how is Spain different?
I also think this informaiton should be part of the wiki of phpbb.com. In light of the new GDPR-law many people/companies publish which cookies they use on their websites in the "cookie policy": As an example: https://mailchimp.com/legal/cookies/

I dont think there is a consensus regarding the GDPR-law actually requires each cookie used to be documented, but before we have seen the first rulings in court, people are cautious and do walk the extra mile. Also it can be seen as a fair and transparent policy.

So - if this is simple, why not just add it to the wiki?!
Last edited by Mick on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2428331
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: [Split] What is the list of cookies that phpBB uses ?

Post by Mick »

I have only ever seen one request for a list of cookies to do with cookie rules, in the OP. I’d be interested to see the legislation that states you have to list the cookies but, if you want it considered for entry in to the wiki, you could post in phpBB ideas.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
david63

Post by david63 »

Seems a waste of effort to me. The majority of users are not the slightest bit interested - how often do you look at what cookies have been stored on your board? I would guess that even more would not know where/how to find them and finally in phpBB the cookies can be changed at any time if the Admin so wishes, or they could be changed by an extension.

In any case the core phpBB cookies do not fall within the GDPR disclosure requirements as they are only required for "operational" purposes.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

1. chocolate
2. peanut butter
3. chocolate chip

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”