Having major trouble updating to 3.2.2

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
lithops

Having major trouble updating to 3.2.2

Post by lithops »

Having major trouble updating to 3.2.2. Now I'm getting error message on site lithopsforum.com. Please help me.
Last edited by lithops on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
david63

Re: Having major trouble updating to 3.2.2

Post by david63 »

What are you updating from and what method are you using to update?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
lithops

Post by lithops »

Omg, thanks so much in advance for trying to assist me. Now, I'm not certain what my current phpbb version is. It's been so confusing to upgrade to 3.2.2. Initially, I tried to follow the update instructions on the Administration Control Panel on my site. First, I downloaded the full 3.2.2 package and replaced the install and vendor folders in my CP File Manager. After doing this and when I went to the site, I got the above error message. I then decided to try and update with an Automatic Update package instead. I chose to choose my current phpbb version to be 3.1.3 based on name of update folders in my CP File Manager, although I'm not certain it is my current phpbb version. Again I uploaded and replaced the install and vendor folders, but the same error message appears when I visit the site. Please advise how I can fix this problem asap. Thanking you.
lithops

Post by lithops »

Also, I know that I needed to update my site to the latest phpbb version. And part of the reason why I decided to do the update now is that when I visited one of the post on the site, I got the following error message at the top of the site (above the header). I wonder if it has anything to do with the current error message?

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Last edited by Mick on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added code tags for clarity.
david63

Post by david63 »

That error is due to running phpBB 3.1.x on a server with PHP7 (would you please edit the above post and put the error message in code tags)

As for updating you should follow this proceedure Knowledge Base - Updating 3.2.x
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
lithops

Post by lithops »

Thank you David. Will follow instructions on link you provided. Kind regards.
lithops

Post by lithops »

Hi David, Step 6: Go to the ACP, Board settings, and make sure prosilver is set as the default style. If not, set it to prosilver.

How can I do this when I can't access the site?

Kind regards.
lithops

Post by lithops »

Thank you David. I followed the steps and reached the following step:

Download modified files archive
Once downloaded you should unpack the archive. You will find the modified files you need to upload to your phpBB root directory within it. Please upload the files to their respective locations then. After you have uploaded all files, you may continue with the update process.

I've downloaded the file but now can't click the "Continue update process" button.
lithops

Post by lithops »

David, I can't believe it! I think I've installed the latest phpbb 3.2.2 version to my forum site. Woohooo! If I can do it, anyone can. Thanks very much for your kind help and guidance. Best wishes and kind regards! :D
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

lithops wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:24 amI think I've installed the latest phpbb 3.2.2 version
Eh? I was under the impression you were trying to update but it was an upgrade?
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”