Remove pagination from Member List

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
LoRoller

Remove pagination from Member List

Post by LoRoller »

I would like to be able to use a Ctrl-F (browser page search) on the Member List. The list paginates forcing multiple searches. I don't know if pagination is some common routine or is embedded in the Member List html? I'm not an html expert. Any help appreciated.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Remove pagination from Member List

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

the browser's ctrl+f method can only search the actual code of the visible page. it can not search through the pagination.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
LoRoller

Post by LoRoller »

That's my point.... I want to remove the pagination so the entire list is a single page, which would then be searchable via Ctrl-F
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

You might be able to change the guest_counter int in core.viewonline_modify_sql.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Toxyy wrote: ↑Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:01 am You might be able to change the guest_counter int in core.viewonline_modify_sql.
Ern..,
the pagination of memberlist.php ( memberlist.php ) and it's limit (sql limit)
$result = $db->sql_query_limit($sql, $config['topics_per_page'], $start);

it's based on the ACP settings, topics per page. Stored in config TABLE.
$config['topics_per_page']

$start = $pagination->validate_start($start, $config['topics_per_page'], $total_users);

The higher is that number the less are the pages of the pagination, or nothing at all. (That's board-wide though).

That's a huge server load, for example here in this very board. ---> 449145 users/19766 pages in pagination.
πŸ†“ Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
πŸš€ Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity ΒΊ PhpStorm's proud user ΒΊ Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

3Di wrote: ↑Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:10 am
Toxyy wrote: ↑Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:01 am You might be able to change the guest_counter int in core.viewonline_modify_sql.
Ern..,
You're right, crap :lol:
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
LoRoller

Post by LoRoller »

Certainly wouldn't want to affect the display of forums.

The memberlist is a an oddball report because the number of rows per member can vary by the addition of displayed custom profile fields.

In memberlist.php there are a number of pagination references. I was hoping that I could stop the incrementation of a row counter or fake the number of rows to keep it from doing the pagination. Or perhaps "topics_per_page" could be hard-coded in this one php script to replace where it is brought in from the parameters.
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

You could hardcode it in memberlist.php like 3Di showed but editing core files is not recommended.

Some of my extensions:
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

You might try to replace the $config['topics_per_page']'s occurencies with the magic (int) number of the total of your users (using the related query maybe :) ). Not tested.

Also, posting your question in the "custom coding" forum would be your best bet, IMO.
That's support's forum.
My development's activity ΒΊ PhpStorm's proud user ΒΊ Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
david63

Post by david63 »

3Di wrote: ↑Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:13 am You might try to replace the $config['topics_per_page']'s occurencies with the magic (int) number of the total of your users (using the related query maybe :) ).
Or even easier define $config['topics_per_page'] = 9999; in memberlist.php
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

david63 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:09 am
3Di wrote: ↑Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:13 am You might try to replace the $config['topics_per_page']'s occurencies with the magic (int) number of the total of your users (using the related query maybe :) ).
Or even easier define $config['topics_per_page'] = 9999; in memberlist.php
Yeah, didn't test it as I said. On the fly.

I'd go for to make it more "dynamic" though, leaving the query find and define how many "current users" are on-board. ;)

Let's say changing the "sql_query_limit" to begin with, maybe?
david63

Post by david63 »

OK - then use $config['topics_per_page'] = $config['num_users'];
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

david63 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:26 am OK - then use $config['topics_per_page'] = $config['num_users'];
Good catch. :)

Still a piece of hack(ish) stuff though, I hope you'll agree isn't our fault.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Why not using the memberlist's search, which is superior to CTRL+F for administrators when searching for e-mail addresses?
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20 ↑
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10 ↑
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28 ↑
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

AmigoJack wrote: ↑Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:42 am Why not using the memberlist's search, which is superior to CTRL+F for administrators when searching for e-mail addresses?
Das ist wirklich :lol:

But you know..
I still cannot understand why I have followed this request, which I find in my very personal opinion rather strange.

Return to β€œ[3.2.x] Support Forum”