Some crone jobs not active?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
beta5

Some crone jobs not active?

Post by beta5 »

It seems to be that some of the phpBB standard cronjobs are not running in my phpbb 3.2 (see attached screenshot).

I would like to have the cron.task.text_reparser.xxx cronjobs running. Some research showed that they should run every hour. But according to the screenshot of the extension "Cron Status" they were never executed.

Settings of cronjob execution ist so that phpBB executes them on pageview. This in general seems to work as some of the cronjobs show execution dates.

How can that be changed?
Attachments
cron.png
david63

Re: Some crone jobs not active?

Post by david63 »

How do you know that they are not running?

A Cron job marked as "Auto" runs as and when it is expected to - it just the way that it has been configured.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
beta5

Post by beta5 »

According to the extension description above the list: A red marked cronjob has never started or has a problem.

Is it possible to check the execution somehow different?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

To receive extension support please visit our Extensions Database and post in the specific extension's designated support area. The link to the support area for each released extension is also available in the first post of each released extension listed in the [3.2.x] Extension Database Releases forum. For extensions still in development (not recommended for a live board) support is in that extensions's topic in the Extensions in Development forum.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

Most of them will not start if you don't use that "function". Like pruning forums, anonymize ip's etc.. That's why they are in "red".
beta5

Post by beta5 »

Yes, I understand that the prunning cron job won't be active if prunning is not activated for example. But what about the reparsing: I went through the complete control panel and did not find a function to start / trigger that. But that would be really necessary as I converted from phpBB 2.x and a special bbcode needs that for proper visualization. (And opening and saving again all the posts with that bbcode to trigger the reparsing for that post is not an option.)
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

stevemaury wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:33 pmTo receive extension support please visit our Extensions Database and post in the specific extension's designated support area
Namely here in this case.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

If you don't have access to your server's CLI, you can always reparse the posts on your computer and then transfer the database backup.
There are articles in the KB about how to install a local server (and thus use the CLI from there).
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
beta5

Post by beta5 »

This topic is NOT on support of an extension, it's on the phpBB cronjobs. I only mentioned an extension, but that's not part of the problem!
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

beta5 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:59 pm This topic is NOT on support of an extension, it's on the phpBB cronjobs. I only mentioned an extension, but that's not part of the problem!
OK, aside from the reports issued by that extension, what functional evidence do you have that these cron jobs are supposed to be executing, but are not?
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
beta5

Post by beta5 »

I assume that they are supposed to be working based on the research results in this board say that reparsing is triggered with every pageview.

I have no evidence on the status besides that extension report. Can it be checked somehow?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

What is not working that should be?
beta5

Post by beta5 »

Ok, I would like to make sure that the reparse jobs are not broken at that all the posts in the board will be reparsed one by one. This can take some time, I don't care. But I want to make sure, that I only have to wait.
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

If you take a look at that picture you will see => The "Auto" ... has a specific time control option and can't be recognized by Cron extension. Because of that statement we can skip red part. Only way to answer that question about reparse is to use cli and find out the answer.
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

GanstaZ wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:51 pm If you take a look at that picture you will see => The "Auto" ... has a specific time control option and can't be recognized by Cron extension. Because of that statement we can skip red part. Only way to answer that question about reparse is to use cli and find out the answer.
Yeah, the OP is gonna solve all of this, see:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... 51#p639351 and https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-15705

it can be checkable though, speaking about cron-jobs as per this topic. No time, though, to write down a sort of tutorial/extension. :)

The CLI is the best bet, faster and safe.
3Di wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:45 pm If you don't have access to your server's CLI, you can always reparse the posts on your computer and then transfer the database backup.
There are articles in the KB about how to install a local server (and thus use the CLI from there).
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”