[solved] 3.2.2 - Board unavailable: cache issue

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
cyrilca

[solved] 3.2.2 - Board unavailable: cache issue

Post by cyrilca »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.2
What is your board's URL? https://forum.francocube.com
Who do you host your board with? gandi.net
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.2.1
What extensions do you have installed? Insert Template Code 0.1.0
phpBB3 SEO Sitemap 1.1.1
phpBB Camo SSL Image Proxy Extension 1.1.2
Privacy policy 2.1.0-rc5
Profile side switcher 0.0.1
Seo Meta Description 1.0.0
Stop Forum Spam 1.1.9
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver, bootlike
What language(s) is your board currently using? French (default), English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? I deactivated Viglink extension. I did not purge phpBB cache.
Please describe your problem. A few minutes after I deactivated Viglink, the forum was unavailable.
Generated by SRT Generator

Hi all,

Yesterday, I ran into an issue that has been described in several other topics here on phpbb.com. My board was unavailable for all users, displaying only:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/di/container_builder.php on line 146: require(./cache/production/autoload_4335734bbdd20f86549a504dff5f80c.php): failed to openstream: No such file or directory
As advised in the other topics, I deleted the content of the cache folder (except .htaccess and index,html), which allowed me to access the ACP and clear the forum cache (which is maybe exactly the same thing...) and the issue went away.
However, I would like to know what happened!
I noticed in the Apache logs that all forum pages responded with 500 errors from 4:44 PM on, which is exactly the time I deactivated Viglink extension according to the phpBB ACP logs. Note that while Viglink extension was until then activated in the ACP -> Extensions, I had disabled its functionalities in the ACP -> Viglink settings.

PHP error logs show the same error:

[21-Jun-2018 16:44:38 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required './cache/production/autoload_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/srv/data/web/includes') in /srv/data/web/vhosts/forum.francocube.com/htdocs/phpbb/di/container_builder.php on line 146
... until the moment I deleted the cache folders. I am running PHP 5.6.30

Then there are a few times:

[21-Jun-2018 18:38:42 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'There are no registered paths for namespace "phpbb_viglink" in "overall_footer.html" at line 98.' in /srv/data/web/vhosts/forum.francocube.com/htdocs/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:209
Stack trace:
#0 /srv/data/web/vhosts/forum.francocube.com/htdocs/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(135): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('@phpbb_viglink/...')
#1 /srv/data/web/vhosts/forum.francocube.com/htdocs/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(150): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('@phpbb_viglink/...')
#2 /srv/data/web/vhosts/forum.francocube.com/htdocs/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(330): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('@phpbb_viglink/...')
#3 /srv/data/web/vhosts/forum.francocube.com/htdocs/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(424): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('@phpbb_viglink/...')
#4 /srv/data/web/vhosts/forum.francocube.com/htdocs/phpbb/template/twig/environment.php(292): Twig_Environment->loadTemplate in /srv/data/web/vhosts/forum.francocube.com/htdocs/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 209
... after one minute (I would say, this is when I cleared the forum cache), no more errors were logged.

I will try reproducing the error on my local install, but I do not want to activate and deactivate Viglink extension again on my live board at the risk of breaking it again. Any idea about why this error happened in the first place would be greatly appreciated, and could help other users in the future!

Thanks,

Cyril
Last edited by cyrilca on Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: 3.2.2 - Board unavailable: cache issue

Post by stevemaury »

Please open a ticket in the Bug Tracker, linking your post here.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
OxCom

Post by OxCom »

stevemaury wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:44 pm Please open a ticket in the Bug Tracker, linking your post here.
There was a ticket with cache issue, but only first pull request has been merged. And such happens that changes in merged pull request will not solve the issue.

The second pull request will cover such situations.

What to do right now?
1) Wait for the release with fix and clear cache folder every time when you have such issue
2) Apply temporary fix as in second pull request and wait for release
cyrilca

Post by cyrilca »

Thank you very much for your answer.
As the issue happened only once so far, I will wait for the next release.

Have a nice week-end,

Cyril

PS: Marking topic as "solved"

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”