e-mail alert for new registrations

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
joebandit
Name: Joe Smith

e-mail alert for new registrations

Post by joebandit » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:25 pm

I have looked through the documentation, but cannot find where to setup an e-mail address to be alerted when there is a new registration.
Is this possible to do, if so where is it set.

Froddelaar
Name: Andy Dm

Re: e-mail alert for new registrations

Post by Froddelaar » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:38 pm

You need an extension for that. This ext automatically send you an email when users register:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... istration/
Wij promoten UW muziek in ons forum & delen alles via Sociale media!
Muziek wordt ook toegevoegd in de playlist van
textradio.be!
Mail uw single + hoesje + info naar: info@muziekpromo.net of Solidjeuh@textradio.be
===============
Onze Website: https://www.muziekpromo.net

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:50 pm

If you set Activation to Admin, you will get an email.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

Macko
Name: Mac Ko

Post by Macko » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:03 am

Great extension that I will be looking into.

Does anyone have any idea if that can be used to get CRM software to automatically send a 'welcome to our forum' email to those emails attached to their accounts?

Long story short, I'd like to make it so that everyone who signs up to our board gets a beautiful (HTML) welcome email after they register, that tells them a bit about the forum and shares some links with them about a topic to introduce themselves, how to contact us for advertising, etc.

As it is right now, they just receive a 'text only' activation email (which I'm able to attach a very short signature to) and they also get an automated PM from my account, which is fine, but I'd also like them to receive a nice 'welcome' email, like you should get when you sign up to ANY community or website.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:37 am

The place to ask about specific extensions is the author of the extension in the dedicated discussion/support forum or you can make an extension request if you don’t find anything that suits your purpose.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:52 pm

Macko wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:03 am
Great extension that I will be looking into.

Does anyone have any idea if that can be used to get CRM software to automatically send a 'welcome to our forum' email to those emails attached to their accounts?

Long story short, I'd like to make it so that everyone who signs up to our board gets a beautiful (HTML) welcome email after they register, that tells them a bit about the forum and shares some links with them about a topic to introduce themselves, how to contact us for advertising, etc.

As it is right now, they just receive a 'text only' activation email (which I'm able to attach a very short signature to) and they also get an automated PM from my account, which is fine, but I'd also like them to receive a nice 'welcome' email, like you should get when you sign up to ANY community or website.
Once you receive the notification email, you can use the AutoResponder feature of your email client to send a response. If you use an email account that receives other types of emails, you should be able to use a message rule to restrict the response to mail in a certain folder, and you can have the activation emails put in a specified folder with a message rule. But if you create a user who has the single Admin permission Can manage users, that user will get an email and you can use an email account for that user that gets no other type of email.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”