database fails to update during re-install

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
async

database fails to update during re-install

Post by async »

Hello all,

I have inherited a phpbb3 forum that I did not previously maintain. It was in bad condition and could not be accessed, so I opted to re-install the forum using version 3.2.2 (previous admin believes the site was on 3.2).

I copied over the config.php and the files and images folders, but when I ran the /install/app.php/update script, it failed at 50%, with the following error:

Code: Select all

General Error:SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]Table '`suiko_phpbb`.`phpbb3_oauth_states`' already exists [1050]SQLCREATE TABLE phpbb3_oauth_states ( user_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, session_id char(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, provider varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, oauth_state varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL ) CHARACTER SET `utf8` COLLATE `utf8_bin`; in file /home/www/suikosource.com/new_forum/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php on line 996BACKTRACEFILE: (not given by php)LINE: (not given by php)CALL: installer_msg_handler()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.phpLINE: 996CALL: trigger_error()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysql.phpLINE: 191CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.phpLINE: 1064CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysql->sql_query()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.phpLINE: 444CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->_sql_run_sql()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.phpLINE: 489CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->sql_create_table()FILE: (not given by php)LINE: (not given by php)CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->perform_schema_changes()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 714CALL: call_user_func_array()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 661CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->run_step()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 400CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->process_data_step()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 351CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 351CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 351CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 351CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 351CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 351CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 351CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 351CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 288CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 241CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->update_do()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/module/update_database/task/update.phpLINE: 160CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->update()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/module_base.phpLINE: 149CALL: phpbb\install\module\update_database\task\update->run()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/installer.phpLINE: 219CALL: phpbb\install\module_base->run()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/controller/update.phpLINE: 133CALL: phpbb\install\installer->run()FILE: (not given by php)LINE: (not given by php)CALL: phpbb\install\controller\update->phpbb\install\controller\{closure}()FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/StreamedResponse.phpLINE: 111CALL: call_user_func()FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Response.phpLINE: 377CALL: Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\StreamedResponse->sendContent()FILE: [ROOT]/install/app.phpLINE: 62CALL: Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Response->send()
The failed re-install forum is here: http://suikosource.com/new_forum
The previous forum is here: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: database fails to update during re-install

Post by stevemaury »

Can you run this query of the database you are trying to update?

Code: Select all

SELECT config_value FROM phpbb3_config WHERE config_name = 'version'
Also post the contents of config.php, without the password.

I have a feeling there may be a mismatch between the actual db version and the version the db reports.

Can you access the ACP to see what version it reports?
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”