Cant update from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
azzurri

Cant update from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2

Post by azzurri »

Hi,

I downloaded the automatic install package. Upload the install and vendor files. I begin the update process and choose Download modified files archive. I download the files and then upload them to my root. But from here I get nowhere. I don't get to move on to continue the update process, instead I'm stuck in a loop where it wants me to check files again and download the files.

I have already updated all new files, replacing the ones that was asked to be replaced. I cant even start over to choose update only database. It just takes me to the same page.

What now? :(
Last edited by Kailey on Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed
azzurri

Re: Cant update from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2

Post by azzurri »

Omg, I managed to restart the install process by deleting install_config.php. I updated the database which worked fine. Went on to update files with FTP option this time and worked fine too. When I delete the install folder to go to my forum I get this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method s9e\TextFormatter\Plugins\Emoji\Configurator::omitImageSize() in /storage/content/91/154591/mysite.com/public_html/forum/phpbb/textformatter/s9e/factory.php:350 Stack trace: #0 /storage/content/91/154591/mysite.com/public_html/forum/phpbb/textformatter/s9e/factory.php(375): phpbb\textformatter\s9e\factory->get_configurator() #1 /storage/content/91/154591/mysite.com/public_html/forum/phpbb/textformatter/s9e/renderer.php(97): phpbb\textformatter\s9e\factory->regenerate() #2 /storage/content/91/154591/mysite.com/public_html/forum/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php(3220): phpbb\textformatter\s9e\renderer->__construct(Object(phpbb\cache\driver\file), './cache/product...', '_text_formatter...', Object(phpbb\textformatter\s9e\factory), Object(phpbb\event\dispatcher)) #3 /storage/content/91/154591/mysite.com/public_html/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Container.php(297): phpbb_cache_container->getTextFormatter_S9e_RendererS in /storage/content/91/154591/mysite.com/public_html/forum/phpbb/textformatter/s9e/factory.php on line 350
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

You should be following Knowledge Base - Updating 3.2.x
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

Thank you. I finally got it to work, but getting one error now. It appears when I click the permissions tab in the ACP:

Fatal error: Uncaught phpbb\language\exception\language_file_not_found: Language file ./../language/en/en/acp/permissions_phpbb.php couldn't be opened. in /storage/content/91/154591/mysite.com/public_html/forum/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php:185 Stack trace: #0 /storage/content/91/154591/mysite.com/public_html/forum/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php(143): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->get_language_file_path('./../language/', 'en/acp/permissi...', Array) #1 /storage/content/91/154591/mysite.com/public_html/forum/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php(77): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->load_file('./../language/', 'en/acp/permissi...', Array, Array) #2 /storage/content/91/154591/mysite.com/public_html/forum/phpbb/language/language.php(625): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->load('language/langua...', Array, Array) #3 /storage/content/91/154591/mysite.com/public_html/forum/phpbb/language/language.php(184): phpbb\language\language->load_core_file('language/langua...') #4 /storage in /storage/content/91/154591/mysite.com/public_html/forum/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php on line 185

I also have these "non-translated" words in my ACP that looks like this: ACP_HELP_PHPBB, despite having downloaded the latest language packs.

I tried to upload the latest 3.2.2 language pack but doesnt make a difference.

Maybe its because I use a swedish language pack? Doesnt seem updated to 3.2.2???
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

Looking at language db.. there's no swedish language pack for 3.2.x version.
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

This is ridiculous. I remove the Swedish language pack and install the latest en pack and still get the same message :roll:
Last edited by azzurri on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

When I google for this same error no one seems to have been able to fix it and there are loads of them.
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

When you update your board, latest english language pack is already included and you use english language to update. A lot of errors come when updating/upgrading is not done the way as described in docs & of course some errors come with server settings not configured correctly or may need some adjustments.
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

Thank you for trying to help. I solved the problem finally.

For future refrence: I removed all files on the server except for config.php, files, images and store directories, then went on to upload a clean 3.2.2 set of files. Works fine now.
david63

Post by david63 »

azzurri wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:25 pm Thank you for trying to help. I solved the problem finally.

For future refrence: I removed all files on the server except for config.php, files, images and store directories, then went on to upload a clean 3.2.2 set of files. Works fine now.
Isn't that what this says?
Mick wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:22 am You should be following Knowledge Base - Updating 3.2.x
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

david63 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:03 pm
azzurri wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:25 pm Thank you for trying to help. I solved the problem finally.

Isn't that what this says?
Mick wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:22 am You should be following Knowledge Base - Updating 3.2.x
Yes, but I thought I'd done it already. I uploaded all the new files with the ftp replace method. This time I removed all files instead from the server and uploaded the whole batch which worked better.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

azzurri wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:23 pm ...
Yes, but I thought I'd done it already. I uploaded all the new files with the ftp replace method. This time I removed all files instead from the server and uploaded the whole batch which worked better.
FTP-replace method is not something I would advise. Depending on your FTP client/your host settings, some files cannot be overwritten.
It's always best to remove the files you want replaced, for one it saves time if you need to look for files where something didn't go as planned/expected.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”