SOLVED: phpBB Upgrade Errors: No input file specified and Fatal error fix_user_styles.php

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
imatthews

SOLVED: phpBB Upgrade Errors: No input file specified and Fatal error fix_user_styles.php

Post by imatthews »

viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2453496#p14902921

Trying to upgrade a phpBB forum from 3.1 to 3.2 on GoDaddy changed from a 20 minute routine to a 2 hour nightmare but I got through it and documented the solutions with screenshots.

The two errors I ran into were:
<forum>/install brings up: No input file specified
and
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_array() on resource in /home/xxxxx/public_html/install/update/new/phpbb/db/migration/data/v32x/fix_user_styles.php on line 42
The solutions are here: https://www.urtech.ca/2018/07/solved-ph ... tyles-php/

Much thanks to those previous posters of these problems as I was able to cobble together the fixes from half a dozen sources, but mostly from this forum and I thought others would be interested in a 'complete' solution.

I hope this helps :)

NOTE: I would have put this as a REPLY but a number of the threads I used for references, were LOCKED like viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2453496
see: www.URTech.ca
For modern PC tech tips and news

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”