How to display smaller preview of uploaded / attached images?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Serg314

How to display smaller preview of uploaded / attached images?

Post by Serg314 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:59 am

I'm an owner of a forum. Our users may want to upload & attach their own high resolution images to their posts. I want them to be able to display smaller preview of their images, but for readers also to be able to get the original resolution as well. Ideally, readers should be able to navigate between images with keyboard arrows.

I tried it myself but cannot figure out how to do it. Here is what I tried:
  • Upload images as attachments. The images are displayed in the post, but they are too large. In my case the images are screenshots with "portrait" mode 1080x1920
  • If I click "Place inline", it inserts {attachment=0}07.png{/attachment} (with square brackets) into the post, but the images still appear large.
  • If I click "Insert image", it inserts img tags. I see how to use it, but what is the URL of the image that user just attached / uploaded into the post?
  • I installed postimage extension, but I didn't like it because
    • I prefer images to be stored locally
    • It takes users out of the forum
    • Click on Zoom doesn't show original image resolution. There is a button "download original", but I didn't even tried it because it's too much of a hassle for users who just want to view the image.
Any advice, please?

canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Re: How to display smaller preview of uploaded / attached images?

Post by canonknipser » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:14 pm

Configure a proper thumbnail size in your acp
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”