DB Connection Cache

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
joeschwab

DB Connection Cache

Post by joeschwab »

Hello,
I have a bit of a strange discovery after copying my phpbb installation to a new domain. It appears that forum posts are somehow reading and writing to its previous database even though the config file has been updated to its new database. I am guessing that the database connection is cached somehow, and the cache has been copied over from the previous install.

After copying the site over, we removed all of the forums and posts. The site has been copied several times without anybody noticing this happening. So now we have 3 installations (possibly 4) that are all effecting whatever the original installation is/was.

It's a pretty nifty clusterf*#&% for sure.

I am trying to figure out the original installation so it can be restored from a backup.

Does anyone know where in the cache this would be stored? or even some useful strings to search for in the cache that could lead me to the original source database config?
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Re: DB Connection Cache

Post by canonknipser »

Sounds like you are still on 3.1, because in 3.2 config.php isn't cached any longer.
Anyway, just remove all files and folders from the cache folder except index.html and .htaccess and you should be connected to your new database.
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
joeschwab

Post by joeschwab »

Thanks Canonknipser,
I've removed all files from /cache/ in all three installations. But Strangely, I'm still seeing changes made in one show up in the others. I must be missing something.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

What's the Script path in ACP/general/server settings?
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

and what is the database server name in your config.php file?

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
joeschwab

Post by joeschwab »

after clearing all the cache dirs again, things seem to be working properly now. thanks for the help everyone!

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”