spam posters

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
TheButcher2

spam posters

Post by TheButcher2 »

Hi guys, been a while I was here, hope everyone is doing well.

Quicky if I may, everything was running fine, I have my forum setup where I have to approve the first post, but last couple of weeks, even when I disapprove a post, the same users get to spam the shit and luckily those posts are awaiting moderation. I thought by disapproving the initial post of new users the account would not be allowed to make a 2nd post. Or am I missing something here.

Apprecite the input and help.

Peace

Dave
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: spam posters

Post by stevemaury »

You are missing something. New users need one approved post to move out of the group. They can make infinite unapproved posts. The idea is that you disapprove the post and delete the user.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

stevemaury wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:44 pm You are missing something. New users need one approved post to move out of the group. They can make infinite unapproved posts. The idea is that you disapprove the post and delete the user.

Hi Steve

So just disapproving their intial post does not stop them posting again, I missed this. From now on I'll delete these spammers because I'm getting sick and tired of them.

Thanks for the heads up.

Peace
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

There are a couple of extensions here I have listed in my Sig you may be interested in. If you're website and PHP literate, check out CIDRAM over at Github.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

John connor wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:20 am There are a couple of extensions here I have listed in my Sig you may be interested in. If you're website and PHP literate, check out CIDRAM over at Github.
Thanks a lot,. I just installed the first one in your sig, much appreciate it.

Peace
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Did you try accessing my site with Windows XP and an outdated version of Firefox? If so, I see it was blocked. I don't allow very old browsers or OS's.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

This support topic is marked solved.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”