how to delete all posts from already deleted user

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
seppo

how to delete all posts from already deleted user

Post by seppo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:35 am

The problem I face is related to problem described here at another thread: viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2479591

I have tons of posts made be spam users, whose accounts have been deleted. Their posts should've been deleted also, but due to interrupted script execution the posts remain. And now I cannot click the username there (even though it shows up), to try to delete that user's posts again. I could manually delete those posts, but since there is way over 100.000 of them, it would take ages.

Is there a way to delete such posts, i.e. by username (even though the user does not exist anymore)? If I delete them from phpmyadmin, is it enough if I delete them from one table? Or is there a way or tool to handle them more easily?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: how to delete all posts from already deleted user

Post by KevC » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:36 am

I just explained it in your other topic.

DO NOT do it with phpmyadmin.

See How to clean up a board hit by spam for some suggestions.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

seppo

Post by seppo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:52 am

Thanks KevC for the tips at the other thread. Even when showing 500 posts at time, there is still about 300 pages to go through - and in all I need to check if some of those 500 include normal posts too.. :oops: :cry: but I guess that is still the only way.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:08 am

Try 1000 for the page length. Sometimes you can even go to 1500-2000. Depends on the server specs.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”