Antispam bypassed?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
axe70

Re: Antispam bypassed?

Post by axe70 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:56 am

about Obscre Registration Code (SPAM stopper):

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" async="" src="https://cse.google.com/cse.js?cx=014009256459669723404:h-jorqudbre"></script><script>
		var trlrLsMbzpEPNzWJCbEw = 'AzUQLHEaAZIezTqGZlAC'
		var nbs = '\u2003'
		var ld = '\u26bf'
		var dl = '\u0020'
		document.write(ld + nbs + trlrLsMbzpEPNzWJCbEw + nbs + dl); 
	</script>
this is the output on page: is possible to grab these values.
Think that the problem here is that the code, contains vars names that are established and for this predictable: could you improve the code to print out random js vars names. Or someone can with easy work around this and bypass it. But another time: when you release the code, this is setup to output on page at specified point, may between some specific html tags: and this is another time predictable.
Unfortunately, one time it come on wrong hands, this can be bypassed with easy.
A solution could be to add random vars names and different ways to add it on page (differently wrapped on different tags).
Your script suggest me a way could exist.
Imagine your js output pre-processed by php, to do this joke. This can be very hard to bypass, if after also the output is done into another not common and not predictable way about DOM position.
Could be imporved to become really effective ... mhh ...

About CIDRAM:
very good, but the fact that we need to scan a database of data to find out if the request come or not from a spam list, isn't so light.

This is a big challenge that nobody until now have find out the way to resolve effectively with easy.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:01 am

To receive extension support please visit our Extensions Database and post in the specific extension's designated support area. The link to the support area for each released extension is also available in the first post of each released extension listed in the [3.2.x] Extension Database Releases forum. For extensions still in development (not recommended for a live board) support is in that extensions's topic in the Extensions in Development forum.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:49 am

I'll mark this as solved as your antispam wasn't being bypassed.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

axe70

Post by axe70 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:21 pm

yes i see that users are existing also in wp side,
so i assume they are added after wp registration due to the integration.
This make a sense. In effect the WordPress side presents a stupid Q&A that i was sure it was the google rechapka instead. I will remove it.
If any news in any way i'll let know, thank you all!

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”