Choose a password / Authentication image

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
gordonisnz

Choose a password / Authentication image

Post by gordonisnz »

Hello.

phpBB-3.2.2 (1).zip

New to PHPBB - I had a webhosting service install it manually. (their auto-install feature does not work.)

Q1. Ive reset my password once on my new BB, and twice on this BB ( https://www.phpbb.com/community/ ). Is there a way to let a user choose their password.

Or at least do the weird/long random password, but let them choose a password when they next log in.

Q2. When i 1st logged in (using a test account), I was presented with letters/numbers on a coloured background. Is there a setting somewhere (im looking but cant find it) to make this process easier - but still make sure theyre a live person.

My new BB is focused / directed to people with disabilities & i want to allow them to register easier. & choose their own password.
Last edited by thecoalman on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Support Forum
gordonisnz

Re: Choose a password / Authentication image

Post by gordonisnz »

i think ive fixed the 2nd part - It now asks a question & ive got 2 x answers.

still looking for a way for a user to change to a password of their choosing.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: Choose a password / Authentication image

Post by thecoalman »

Please donl't bump topics, wait six hours before replying if no one else has replied. If you need to add something and no one has replied you may edit your previous post.

Thanks.
gordonisnz wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:26 am Is there a way to let a user choose their password.
The password and email can be changed by the user in the User Control Panel >> Profile Tab >> Edit Account Settings

ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=reg_details
Q2. When i 1st logged in (using a test account), I was presented with letters/numbers on a coloured background. Is there a setting somewhere (im looking but cant find it) to make this process easier - but still make sure theyre a live person.
In the ACP >> Spambot countermeasures you can switch to the Q&A. This is very effective at stopping bots and uses normal text.

There is additional extensions available here: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ti-spam-41
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”