acp changed?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
millipede

acp changed?

Post by millipede » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:36 pm

EDIT: Feel free to remove this post or whatever. Searching outside of the site, I found a post on the site(ha) that explained that indeed, this feature was removed. So, now I know.

I tried searching this... some topics, I just have a hard time searching without my head spinning. :roll:

How much has the ACP changed over the years? I haven't been paying much attention to my forum in quite a while but, want to get back to that as I'm starting to work on the rest of my website.

I used to be able to(don't remember when) change certain things within the styles in the ACP. The header image for instance. I used to have a picture of a squirrel... now it's back to the default phpBB image.
I used to be able to change what was there in the ACP. I'm looking and looking and, cannot find anywhere to edit the styles in the ACP. Is that on purpose? Did I do something wrong last time I updated?

This is the current, 3.2.2, version...
My current ACP has the following tabs;
general, forums, posting, users and groups, permissions, customise, mainenance, system.

If I remember correctly, used to say styles up there. And, I used to be able to edit styles, reset the cache, etc. Now, in the customize (customise) tab, there's almost nothing to do. I have no options to view or edit or reset cache or anything like I used to.
I used to be able to change some default images in there... and find places to insert adsense code...

So, I guess my question is what I already asked... have things changed? or is something wrong in my acp?
Do I need to just make these changes manually on my server?
I'm lost.

AmigoJack

Re: acp changed?

Post by AmigoJack » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:56 am

To gain moderator attention you have to report a post.

(Since you haven't linked to what you found I'll explain it for other potential topic readers.) Modifying styles or templates thru the ACP was only meant to be used for temporary changes and considered bad practice. Modify the files.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████

bimjim

Post by bimjim » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:27 pm

I too would be interested in knowing how to customise my headers and footers. As millipede suggested, every aspect of customisation seems to have been removed. Is my ONLY option to search for the logo image and replace that on the server?

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:54 pm

Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:25 am

The ACP style editor was removed ages ago as per the explanation above and it caused more problems than it cured.

@Bimjim: please start your own topic, if you need help customising a style please post in styles support.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”