3.2.1 running under php version 7.2

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
BeBop

Re: 3.2.1 running under php version 7.2

Post by BeBop » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:03 pm

P_I wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:59 pm
BeBop wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:41 am
Paul thank you, that is a quite different response, so what changes would we have to make to 3.2.1 to make it run successfully with php 7.2, we would have big problems with attacheed images
Is this, Problem with uploading attachment (i see only one attachment), the problem you encountered? If so, the topic indicates the changes that will be part of 3.2.3 to resolve the problem and they can be applied against 3.2.2 should you desire.
Dear Steve thank you very much for your advice, no our loss of attached images problem is not quite the same, every time we undergo an upgrade the images all seem to go blank [black in frames] as in a maximum of 5 on every old post, now on opening the attachment list the files still appear to be present on the list but the links into the post appear to have stopped working [possibly corrupted as the file size is no longer listed as kb but shows KiB.

Can you also advise me as to when version 3.2.3 is likely to be released please?

Many thanks and regards BeBop

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:08 pm

Are you transferring the image files on a update?

Maybe this is happening:
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... filezilla/
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:18 pm

BeBop wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:03 pm
P_I wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:59 pm
BeBop wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:41 am
Paul thank you, that is a quite different response, so what changes would we have to make to 3.2.1 to make it run successfully with php 7.2, we would have big problems with attacheed images
Is this, Problem with uploading attachment (i see only one attachment), the problem you encountered? If so, the topic indicates the changes that will be part of 3.2.3 to resolve the problem and they can be applied against 3.2.2 should you desire.
Dear Steve thank you very much for your advice, no our loss of attached images problem is not quite the same, every time we undergo an upgrade the images all seem to go blank [black in frames] as in a maximum of 5 on every old post, now on opening the attachment list the files still appear to be present on the list but the links into the post appear to have stopped working [possibly corrupted as the file size is no longer listed as kb but shows KiB.

Can you also advise me as to when version 3.2.3 is likely to be released please?

Many thanks and regards BeBop
How would files that never get touched get corrupted by an upgrade? You are doing something wrong.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

BeBop

Post by BeBop » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:58 pm

Steve thank you, while I admit it is weird, it's hard for me to determine what exactly has been done wrong in the process, as I do not physically do the upgrade, so firstly, how can I do a local back up to my lap top from the hosting provider server please, any procedural instructions available please.

Thank and regards BeBop

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:27 pm

BeBop

Post by BeBop » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:45 pm

Dear Steve and Janus,

Thank you for the information to date.

The final query, which I raised earlier in this conversation but have had no response to as yet, when is phpBB board software version 3.2.3 due to be released, having been told that there will be some corrections pertinent to problems occurring in 3.2.2 in there.

Thanks & Kind Regards Bebop

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:08 pm

There is no scheduled release date. We will release it when it is ready. But your issue has nothing to do with 3.2.2, as evidenced by the hundreds of thousands of successful updates/upgrades.

BeBop

Post by BeBop » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:53 pm

Dear everybody who as responded to this conversation so far,

Thank you for all your advice and guidance to date, we have elected to bite the bullet and upgrade to version 3.2.2 on 17th of August. As a final request to your esteemed selves. Have you any further suggestions or bewares of anything untoward that might happen during the process that could cause us to lose our veritable gallery of pictures attached to posts again. We have had suggestions and a number of verdicts that we must be doing so something wrong in the update process to cause all images attached to posts to turn black as if their links to the attachments bank each post have somehow become corrupted. However, what we might be doing wrong has not really become clear the main theme being it's not down to a fault with the software just something we are doing incorrectly during the upgrade, so any last minute thoughts on the subject would be appreciated, anything we should look for/be extra careful about. In other words, WE WOULD APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET.

Please feel free to take a look at http://www.973-eht-namuh-973.com/forum/ ... um.php?f=1 to understand why we go through so much angst when attached images disappear, directly inserted images with individual url links to websites have stayed in place through all upgrades. But not attached images.

So any last minute advice/guidance gems would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards BeBop

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Post by kinerity » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:29 pm

BeBop wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:53 pm
So any last minute advice/guidance gems would be much appreciated.
If you install 3.2.2, make sure you read this topic.
Kailey Truscott - Community Team

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Best way to do a update is, try it on a test board first.

How to make a test board in 5 simple steps:
1)Copy your /forum/ folder in cPanel to /test_forum/
2)Make a new database in cPanel
3)Copy your live database to the new one in myphpadmin.
4) Edit the config.php from the testboard whit the new database settings.
5) Delete everything in the cache folder

Ready
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”