How do you install the program plz?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
new forum

How do you install the program plz?

Post by new forum »

Hello there
I have visited this link https://www.phpbb.com/downloads/ and I have downloaded the zip format, but when I have this file in my downloads folder I am unable to unzip the file (sure I have unziped many files before). Also I do not see an install/ setup icon inside the folder.

Any help please?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: How do you install the program plz?

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

if you truly have the zip and not the bz2 or whatever the other ones are and you can not unzip it there is something wrong with your unzipping program.

also, this is not a program that you can run on your computer. you have to have a hosting account with a hosting company and a domain name of your own. you will have to make sure the domain name is pointing to your hosting account. you will have to create a blank database at your hosting account.

once you have all that, you can read the install intructions contained in the folder named "docs" that you will find once you unzip the download.

good luck,
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Also, see the 3.2 User Guide for more information.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Maks33

Post by Maks33 »

I think you are confusing phpbb for desktop application. Web software is different than desktop and installed differently.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”